Stiching with PanoramaStudio 3

Discussion regarding all scripting related questions
Please DO NOT post to this thread anything that is not directly related to scripting of Capture One.

Stiching with PanoramaStudio 3

Postby HeKoinVS » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:24 pm

Hi,
I would like to edit and sticking pictures in PanoramaStudio 3 with the existing script "Photoshop stiching". Is there a way to change the app name from Photoshop to PanoramaStudio or Affinity Photo within a script?
Thanks
Helmut
HeKoinVS

Re: Stiching with PanoramaStudio 3

Postby Eric Nepean » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:52 pm

The Apple Scripts are typically editable, I have reviewed them to see how things were done.

But if you change the target application, then you also have to change how Apple script controls the target application.

While Photoshop responds to Applescript commands, Affinity Photo (at least the version I have ) does not. If Panorama Studio responds to Applescrupt commands, they will be different ones than for Photoshop.

If you are going to dabble in this, then I suggest you get a t least a trial version of Script Debugger - Apple's Script Editor has a very uniformative interface with no debugging capability, takes a long time to learn Applescript using Script Editor.
Eric Nepean

Postby HeKoinVS » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:36 pm

Thank you Eric for your response - I had examine the scripts packed in Capture one app and found some hints for different versions of Photoshop.My approach to stich in PanoramaStudio is to export the files in a temp directory and then to import in PanoS. There is a plugin for Lightroom and this is of course a convenient way just for multiline panos.
I'll talk to the German developer of PanoS for a practicable solution or by any chance they have a script guru at Capture one who is responsible for these kind of modifications.
HeKoinVS

Postby Eric Nepean » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:26 pm

There is one very simple test:
(Assuming PanoramaStudio is installed)
*Open Script Editor
*With Script Editor, attempt to open the Dictionary for PanoramaStudio
*If the Dictionary exists, check if the are commands in the Dictionary

If there are commands in PanoramaStudio’s AppleScript dictionary, then a solution is likely feasible.
Otherwise likely not feasible.

FWIW for the last four years, most support tickets to Capture One regarding AppleScript received the response “We do not support AppleScript”.

Indications are that they are just returning from vacation and have big backlog.
Eric Nepean

Return to Scripting