Run script when a new document is loaded - CaptureOne10

Discussion regarding all scripting related questions
Please DO NOT post to this thread anything that is not directly related to scripting of Capture One.

Run script when a new document is loaded - CaptureOne10

Postby EPAIN » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:28 pm

Hey everyone,
I have a simple script I would like to run every time a new document is loaded. I'm using CaptureOne-10
Any help is greatly appreciated!
~E
EPAIN

Re: Run script when a new document is loaded - CaptureOne10

Postby Eric Nepean » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:34 am

I think that will difficult. Capture One has scripts that run after certain events, but not after opening a document. Even in version 12.

You could write a script that tells Capture One to open a document, and then do some other stuff like you had in mind. But that wouldn't execute automatically if you were workig in Capture One and decided to open the document.

You could also try assigning a folder action to the folder containing the Capture One documents that triggers an Applescript whenever a file in the folder is opened. Not sure if that would trigger if Capture One accesses a catalog which is really a bundle - which means the top level is a folder, not file (even though finder presents it as a file)
Eric Nepean

Re: Run script when a new document is loaded - CaptureOne10

Postby EPAIN » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:09 pm

Ah yeah, in my situation, new session documents are created from an external process already. Never using catalogs.
I might have to try and make capture / processing done script work for me.

Thanks for your help!
~Ephriam
EPAIN

Return to Scripting