Applescript and COP10

Discussion regarding all scripting related questions
Please DO NOT post to this thread anything that is not directly related to scripting of Capture One.

Applescript and COP10

Postby Eric Nepean » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:58 pm

I want to try my hand at Applescript and COP10. Does anyone know of an Applescript reference for COP 10 or COP 9, or a collection of working scripts?
Cheers
Eric
(OSX 10.12, iMac and MacBook Air, Panasonic GX7,GM5,G5, Olympus E-M1)
Eric Nepean

Re: Applescript and COP10

Postby Nature Isme » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 pm

Launch Script Editor and File...Open Dictionary. This is the standard way to view an application's dictionary.

Scroll down the list to Capture One and open it.

Scroll down the resulting window to the "Capture One Suite".
Nature Isme

Postby Eric Nepean » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:18 am

Hi Nature Isme, I have done that. I can now get information about collections, folders, images, variants, and locations of images and catalogs on the hard drive, and I can change IPTC values and set image selections.

However one thing baffles me. I cannot find the name of the collection shown in the browser window.

I could of course pick at variant, and then search for all collections containing this variant - it is a significant amount of work to write and debug such a routine, and perhaps may not return a unique answer. I may do it anyway, as it would answer a question which COP currently does not answer - "in which collections is this image present?"

But it should be possible to find the active collection by querying the document, the application or the window. I cannot seem to get any information from the window.

Do you have any hints?
Cheers
Eric
(OSX 10.12, iMac and MacBook Air, Panasonic GX7,GM5,G5, Olympus E-M1)
Eric Nepean

Postby Nature Isme » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:08 pm

All I can suggest is to send a request to Support. I'm not an AppleScript expert; just know enough to get myself in trouble.
Nature Isme

Return to Scripting