MediaPro SE Scripts menu question

Discussion regarding all scripting related questions
Please DO NOT post to this thread anything that is not directly related to scripting of Capture One.

MediaPro SE Scripts menu question

Postby pixelsrzen » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:28 pm

Greetings all.

I’m trying to use some MediaPro scripts written for previous versions of MediaPro with the 2.3 version.

I copied my scripts and a few enclosing folders into the ...Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Plug-ins/Scripts folder

The scripts appear to sort randomly in the Scripts menu. I expected them to either sort alphabetically, or segregated by App/User.

Can I make the scripts sort alphabetically in the Scripts folder?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Jim.
pixelsrzen

Re: MediaPro SE Scripts menu question

Postby Eric Nepean » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:36 am

Adding new content inside an application, like you are doing in "...Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Plug-ins/Scripts" can be a lead to grief - and in any case will disappear when you get a new version of the app.

If Phase One have constructed MediaPro anything like Capture One, then there might be a "~/Library/Scripts/Media Pro Scripts" folder.

If so, that is the best place for other AppleScripts, they will not be wiped out by downloading a new version of the app. It might sort better as well.

If there is an "Update Scripts Menu" function in MediaPro, you will likely have to run that before the AppleScripts become visible in Media Pro.
Cheers, Eric
[late 2015 iMac, 4GHz i7, 24GB RAM, external SSDs. GX8, E-M1, GX7, GM5, GM1 ....]
Eric Nepean

Re: MediaPro SE Scripts menu question

Postby pixelsrzen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I will investigate this further. Still curious about the weird sorting order though…

Best,

Jim.
pixelsrzen

Return to Scripting