suggestions

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x

suggestions

Postby FirstName » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:12 pm

First off I think you should have a place to easily add suggestions.

I would love to see the crop tool be able to work like the crop tool in Lightroom. Click it and it frames the entire picture and then you can pull in the sided with the mouse. have the crop be able to freehand rotate default like Lightroom, and Also be able to move your cropped area with the arrow keys on the keyboard and then be able to hit the enter key to apply the crop,

Thanks,
John
FirstName
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: suggestions

Postby John Doe » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:59 pm

FirstName wrote:First off I think you should have a place to easily add suggestions.

I would love to see the crop tool be able to work like the crop tool in Lightroom. Click it and it frames the entire picture and then you can pull in the sided with the mouse. have the crop be able to freehand rotate default like Lightroom, and Also be able to move your cropped area with the arrow keys on the keyboard and then be able to hit the enter key to apply the crop,

Thanks,
John

File a support case (feature request). The link is in my signature.

That said, Capture One is not Lightroom and my guess is you would alienate many users if you made it behave like Lightroom (including myself).
Sony DSC-RX100 - Capture One Pro 10.2.1 (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Postby SFA » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:30 pm

FirstName wrote:First off I think you should have a place to easily add suggestions.

Thanks,
John

You don't need to commit the crop.

Other than that all of the things you describe seem to be possible except, perhaps, moving the cropped area by arrow key, although that is not something that has caused me any problems. I just shift the entire crop with the mouse. (or in my case a trackpad.)

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby Bobtographer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:27 pm

You can freehand rotate with the crop tool, just bring your cursor to one of the 4 corners of the crop and the cursor will change to rotate :)
AMD R1700 OC 3.8GHz | AMD R9 Fury 4GB | 32GB Corsair 3200MHz DDR 4 | 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 NVMe
LG 27UD88 | LG 27 ColorPrime | C1 11.1.1 | Win10 64Pro
Bobtographer

Postby FirstName » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:18 pm

I don't use Capture one just because of the poor functionality, and the cropping is the worst. I need to be able to move with keyboard arrows and then set the crop with enter. there is know way you can make the fine adjustments with a mouse!
FirstName
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby cdc » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:24 am

Thanks for letting us know, I think we'll all sleep better tonight.
cdc

Postby WPNL » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:47 am

FirstName wrote: there is know way you can make the fine adjustments with a mouse!

Not even when zoomed in?!!!
WPNL

Postby Filthy Lucre » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:15 pm

FirstName wrote:I don't use Capture one just because of the poor functionality...

Given your status as a Phase One certified professional, I'd guess you should know how to contact someone who could address your concern. OTOH, since you don't use Capture One, what does it matter?
Filthy Lucre

Return to Capture One 10.x Software