All images in catalog now look washed out - exports are OK

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x for Windows

All images in catalog now look washed out - exports are OK

Postby jcl100 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Just noticed that all my RAW images (whole catalog) now look washed out color-wise.

Did just update to latest 10.xx build, but think this started after doing that.

Also put in a new monitor, but for sure this did not start with that (at least not right away).

Odd thing is, is that if I export one of my files (which looks washed out), the .JPG export looks normal (using same sRGB 2.1 I always use...)

This is an obvious washing out of color - not an "I think it might be washed out" thing. There is a very obvious difference between the image in the editing window and the export of same.

Just updated to C1 ver. 11 hoping it would "clear" whatever happened - same thing.

Must be something simple, but I can't seem to find what's happened.

Could it be something with a monitor profile, or Windows monitor driver ? Just can't figure out why it is not consistent between C1 editing display and the output files viewed with something else.

Thanks for any help.
jcl100

Re: All images in catalog now look washed out - exports are

Postby SFA » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:15 pm

Have you got proof profiling active?

If so, what are the chosen settings?

Anything else active unexpectedly?

A strange watermark for example? (Though based on your description that seems unlikely.)

You can, presumably, edit the images?

Have you tried regenerating the previews?

Grant
SFA

Postby jcl100 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:45 pm

SFA wrote:Have you got proof profiling active?

If so, what are the chosen settings?

Anything else active unexpectedly?

A strange watermark for example? (Though based on your description that seems unlikely.)

You can, presumably, edit the images?

Have you tried regenerating the previews?

Grant

Grant,

I've checked proof profiling under "view" and I don't think anything has changed. I've selected numerous profiles and don't see much change, if any, in the image. Certainly nothing as obvious as the desaturation effect I'm seeing. I've now got it "off".

At your suggestion I regenerated previews - no change.

When you say "anything else active", what else do you mean? It is completely possible that I might (although I haven't been monkeying around with settings I normally don't change).

No watermarks either.

Interestingly, if I import a .jpg I just exported, it looks desaturated in C1 also. Viewed with any other app or on another PC the file is "normal".

Thanks for your help.
jcl100

Postby jcl100 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:13 pm

Color management in Windows apparently the cause, and I'm not very familiar with the finer points. Initiated a new thread appropriately titled.
jcl100

Postby Tonyh-s » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:14 am

I had this as well and found the cause in my case was that I had played with the View/Proof Profile setting. I changed it back to the default option of 'Selected Recipe' and that solved it for me.
Tonyh-s

Return to Capture One 10.x Software for Windows