Alt-left+right clicking Reset nukes adjustments from orbit

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x for Windows

Alt-left+right clicking Reset nukes adjustments from orbit

Postby Jason_ » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:12 am

I make heavy use of alt-click on the global reset button to toggle all adjustments on and off to gauge the effect.

Occasionally, just due to the weight of my fingers, I accidentally tap the right mouse button on the reset toolbar button, while holding down alt+left button. It then resets all adjustments.

Normally this isn't a big deal, except that this is completely immune to the undo action. Undo cannot recover from this. One accidental click of a mouse button and I appear have lost a good amount of work.

For you C1 veterans in the house, is this intended behavior? Or should I report the bug via a support request? (Or do Phase One staff read this forum?) Is there any other way to recover from this accidental right-click?

(On the subject of undo, allow me a rant: it's an annoying limitation that undo can't be set to a custom keyboard shortcut. But Google tells me I'm the only one who cares about this.)

Cheers,
Jason.
Jason_

Re: Alt-left+right clicking Reset nukes adjustments from orb

Postby Bobtographer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:24 am

get a mouse with heavier buttons?
Bobtographer

Postby Jason_ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:52 am

I was expecting this type of Apple-esque "you're holding it wrong" reply. +5 Internet points for Bobtographer!
Jason_

Postby Christian Gruner » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:52 am

I can't reproduce the unable-to-undo behavior, you are describing. Can you elaborate further on your flow ?
What version of CO are you running?
Test-Manager, Capture One, Phase One A/S
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby SFA » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:28 pm

If you really feel the need to use undo in the way you described I would suggest that good practise would be to create a variant at a reference point that you like so that you always have something to go back to that is not subject to a random number of further changes introduced by, potentially, numerous tools applied in different ways.

It's a safer way of working with edits and, moreover, offers what I consider to be superior options for displaying and comparing results.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby Bobtographer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Jason_ wrote:I was expecting this type of Apple-esque "you're holding it wrong" reply. +5 Internet points for Bobtographer!

Some mouse buttons are lighter than others. was a genuine suggestion..
Bobtographer

Postby Jason_ » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Hi Christian,

Christian Gruner wrote:I can't reproduce the unable-to-undo behavior, you are describing. Can you elaborate further on your flow ? What version of CO are you running?

I'm using Capture One Pro (for Sony) build 10.1.2.23. Here are the steps to reproduce:

1. Pick some image (create a variant if you like).
  2. Open a corrector tool -- I used Exposure -- and make some adjustment to the image.
  3. Hold the alt key down and left-click on the "Reset Adjustments on the Primary Variant" toolbar button. Keep the alt key and left button held down.
  4. While keeping alt and left button held, press the right mouse button.
  5. Release all 3. Note that the correction remains reverted.
  6. Press ctrl-z to undo and note that it has no effect.

I put together a screencast showing the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3wPYkyVyKM

Note also the screencast shows another related undo bug where if you alt-left-click the "Reset Adjustments on the Primary Variant" you also can no longer undo any corrections made up to that point. So this action even in the best of times seems to be interfering with the undo history.

Hope that was clear, Christian, but please let me know if I can provide further info.
Jason_

Return to Capture One 10.x Software for Windows