Capture One 10.2 hangs after update to macOS High Sierra

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x for Mac

Re: Capture One 10.2 hangs after update to macOS High Sierra

Postby John Doe » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 am

You'll have to wait for PhaseOne to complete their testing. What's so difficult to understand here?
Sony DSC-RX100 - Capture One Pro 10.2.1 (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Postby sky_guy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:25 pm

alececco wrote:Christian, with all due respect, it is not a future product development. The question is " does the current version of C1 work with High Sierra or not"

Your question has been answered many times and the answer is no, Capture One Pro is not supported yet in MacOS High Sierra.

Now for the more complex explanation. The reason Capture One’s software division (and nearly every other software company in the world) will not speak about a future release dates is they cannot predict with certainty when that date will occur. Coding, testing, and certification take time and they do not know what hurdles they will run into along the way. The last thing they want to do is tell their customers “in two weeks” and then be unable to meet that deadline when they discover new things that need to be addressed. Imagine how upset people would be then? The best thing they can do is not publicly talk about the details and simply keep their focus on the actual work itself. That is what professionals do and Capture One is a highly respected professional company.

I can assure you they are working hard and they will let you know when it is ready.
sky_guy

Postby KWo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Oh, it seems that we have to buy the next version (called maybe CO11) if we upgrade to High Sierra and looking for a smooth working software. What is by the way recommended because of security ...
KWo

Postby Christian Gruner » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:43 pm

[quote="alececco”]it would be nice to hear a position on the subject. It is not like we are asking you the opcode of the program
Regards

Alessandro[/quote]
I have already given a position: http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic. ... 19#p125628

There are no changes to that yet.
Test-Manager, Capture One, Phase One A/S
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby Christian Gruner » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:47 pm

alececco wrote:The reason Capture One’s software division (and nearly every other software company in the world) will not speak about a future release dates is they cannot predict with certainty when that date will occur. Coding, testing, and certification take time and they do not know what hurdles they will run into along the way. The last thing they want to do is tell their customers “in two weeks” and then be unable to meet that deadline when they discover new things that need to be addressed. Imagine how upset people would be then?

Sounds about right
Test-Manager, Capture One, Phase One A/S
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby alececco » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:09 am

sky_guy wrote:
alececco wrote:Christian, with all due respect, it is not a future product development. The question is " does the current version of C1 work with High Sierra or not"

Your question has been answered many times and the answer is no, Capture One Pro is not supported yet in MacOS High Sierra.

Now for the more complex explanation. The reason Capture One’s software division (and nearly every other software company in the world) will not speak about a future release dates is they cannot predict with certainty when that date will occur. Coding, testing, and certification take time and they do not know what hurdles they will run into along the way. The last thing they want to do is tell their customers “in two weeks” and then be unable to meet that deadline when they discover new things that need to be addressed. Imagine how upset people would be then? The best thing they can do is not publicly talk about the details and simply keep their focus on the actual work itself. That is what professionals do and Capture One is a highly respected professional company.

I can assure you they are working hard and they will let you know when it is ready.

thank you for your thorough and detailed explanation :D
alececco
alececco

Postby pah » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:44 am

wombi1973 wrote:Hi all,
since updating to macOS High Sierra and Capture One Pro 10.2 I am having a huge problem with CO hanging - so much so that I cannot use the software at all anymore!
Basically, CO starts and loads my catalogues without any problems, but as soon as I put my cursor into the box for adjusting the highlight/shadow HDR values, CO hangs and the only thing to do is to force it to terminate. This happens each and every time I try to do this!
Has anyone else experienced this?
Cheers,
Kristian.

cc: NN635151204167566244UL, jamescockroft

What is the model number of your machine? We have observed this kind of issue related to a specific hardware version, the macbookpro11.5, but not yet on others.
pah
Crew
Crew

Postby ashayk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:56 pm

NN635151204167566244UL wrote:I'm encountering the same problems, here it's the box for naming the export files. When I click in the box C1 crashes…

Im having this same problem.. but I have not upgraded to High Sierra yet.
So this looks like a C1 bug !
ashayk

Postby GPicora » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:05 pm

Christian Gruner wrote:
BobRockefeller wrote:
Christian Gruner wrote:Please note that Capture One is not yet officially supporting 10.13. We are actively testing the High Sierra/CO combo. Until we have concluded our tests, we do not recommend updating to 10.13.

Cristian,

When would you anticipate this testing to be complete?

Sadly I can’t comment on future product development.

Christian, as a Software developer that I am, I don't believe this shouldn't be a feature specific development but as a maintenance support release. I think what people is asking is how advance are you in your QA process to update/correct & certify C1 for macOS 10.13
GPicora

Postby jamescockroft » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:14 pm

pah wrote:
wombi1973 wrote:Hi all,
since updating to macOS High Sierra and Capture One Pro 10.2 I am having a huge problem with CO hanging - so much so that I cannot use the software at all anymore!
Basically, CO starts and loads my catalogues without any problems, but as soon as I put my cursor into the box for adjusting the highlight/shadow HDR values, CO hangs and the only thing to do is to force it to terminate. This happens each and every time I try to do this!
Has anyone else experienced this?
Cheers,
Kristian.

cc: NN635151204167566244UL, jamescockroft

What is the model number of your machine? We have observed this kind of issue related to a specific hardware version, the macbookpro11.5, but not yet on others.

I'm on a mid 2012 non retina 15" MacBook Pro, model number 9,1 I think.

Now updated to High Sierra 10.13.1 no change.
jamescockroft

Postby Horseoncowboy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:56 pm

after month of public beta, weeks of golden master and soon 3 weeks after the final release p1 is not able to give a clear answer if c1 is compatible with high sierra or not WOW !

but the good thing is that we have c1 now running on 3 machines without issues and the only problem and bug is see is the one that the most professional people in the industry which build the most professional converter which is used by the most professional photographers in the world refuse to address for years !
Horseoncowboy

Postby Aric G » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:41 pm

I'm running 10.2 on OSX 10.13 on a MacBook Pro 13,3, everything is working well (so far) aside from overlays - when I try to move them using the sliders or adjusting the position settings in the dialog, C1 hangs. If I drag the overlay, it works.
Aric G

Postby ugrandolini » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:30 pm

On my MacBook Air after the High Sierra upgrade C1 10.2 does not even load.
It crashes while trying to open the last opened session.

Some details for the developers:

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB

macOS High Sierra 10.13 (17A365)
SSD disk — as other users on old MBP, presumably on HD, do have less issue, maybe running on an SDD can create some problems?

I hope Phase One will fix the issue soon as I have another Mac that I need to update for my main work soon, but I also need C1 running on that Mac for my second work and, actually, I'm in a very bad situation "thanks" to Phase One.

Phase One: if you need any other information about my system please let me know — better via email.

Thank you
ugrandolini

Postby SFA » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:47 pm

ugrandolini wrote:On my MacBook Air after the High Sierra upgrade C1 10.2 does not even load.
It crashes while trying to open the last opened session.

Some details for the developers:

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB

macOS High Sierra 10.13 (17A365)
SSD disk — as other users on old MBP, presumably on HD, do have less issue, maybe running on an SDD can create some problems?

I hope Phase One will fix the issue soon as I have another Mac that I need to update for my main work soon, but I also need C1 running on that Mac for my second work and, actually, I'm in a very bad situation "thanks" to Phase One.

Phase One: if you need any other information about my system please let me know — better via email.

Thank you

The way to provide useful information to the Developers is through the Support Case system.

This is intended to be a User to User forum and although some of the phase team look in here quite regularly the chances are they will just ask you to report using the Support Case system as they need some specific input from you - although maybe not until they have put out a release that is thought to address the known and likely High Sierra problems.

On the other hand they may know what is causing your problem and so be able to give advice now even though the High Sierra release is not yet officially in support.

The Support Case route is definitely the best way for you to go at this point.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby BryceSteiner » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:02 am

It works just fine for me on my MacBook air with similar specs. Did you delete your cache? Did you delete preferences?
BryceSteiner

PreviousNext

Return to Capture One 10.x Software for Mac