Smart Albums - Nested albums

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x for Mac

Smart Albums - Nested albums

Postby Perrone » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Hello all,

Looking to see if anyone has a suggestion of if I can submit a feature request. My catalog is typically sorted in a nested format similar to:

Client )Project)
-Category 1 (Album)
--Event (album)
--Event
-Catagory 2
--Event
--Event
--Event

etc.

What I would LIKE to be able to do is to create a smart album at the project level that shows me all my selects (items 1 start or greater) and another smart album that shows all my published files (color tag purple). Sadly, it appears that the smart albums do NOT search nested albums.

Is there any work around for this or is this a feature that could possibly be added in the future? With me shooting well over 100 events per client per year, I need some reasonable way to keep them organized, but would love to take advantage of the smart album feature.

Thank you.
Perrone

Re: Smart Albums - Nested albums

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:33 pm

I would expect that any Smart Album under your Project searches all Albums under that same Project. What I do not understand is how you nest Albums. I have seen this before occasionally but as far as I know you can not nest Albums.

Are you sure that your Category 1 and Category 2 objects are Albums or perhaps Projects?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist, Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Smart Albums - Nested albums

Postby Perrone » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:32 pm

Thank you my apologies. They are not albums at the Category level. They are groups.

I did find a workaround for this by making my top level (Client in this case) a group. And then each "Category" it's own project. It's not ideal, but it is giving me most of the functionality I need. From there I can do my filtering via color category and rating so it's sufficient.

Thank you for your response.
Perrone

Return to Capture One 10.x Software for Mac