WACOM right-click / Windows Ink

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

WACOM right-click / Windows Ink

Postby m. kobal » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi!

I have Intuos pro and there are few issues with C1 pro 9 and Wacom and Windows 8.1

All the ripples and press&hold naughtiness were solved a while ago. Press & Hold for right clicking is disabled.

But with the C1 9, the latest update,
I found two new problems:
- Wacom pen right click is working everywhere in C1 but on the curves. I cannot delete points on the curves, when I try right click on the curve point I only get those silly ripple effects. If I disable Windows Ink, then the right click (on the curve points) works, BUT when Windows ink is disabled then forget the local adjustments with Wacom in C1, because you will get vertical or horizontal -unintentional- streaks.

- If Windows Ink is turned on, whenever I want to use Airbrush option, mask starts with a hard edge full-on opacity circle. From there on is okay until I lift the pen and mask again when it again starts with hard edged full-on opacity mask.
Very frustrating.

Anyone knows the solution for this?
Last edited by m. kobal on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m. kobal

Re: WACOM right-click / Windows Ink

Postby Christian Gruner » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:49 pm

Last thing I heard about the streaks, was that they were solved in a Wacom driver update. Please make sure you are using the newest Wacom driver.
Test-Manager, Capture One, Phase One A/S
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby m. kobal » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Christian Gruner wrote:Last thing I heard about the streaks, was that they were solved in a Wacom driver update. Please make sure you are using the newest Wacom driver.

I have all the new updates. Streaks are solved only by turning Windows Ink back on in the mapping tab in "Wacom Tablet properties".
m. kobal

Postby pawl_s » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:37 pm

It seems to be an old issue, but just to inform - I have the same issue with Windows 10, Intuos Draw and Capture One v8.3.5 (the last one starting properly on W10).

If I disable Windows Ink - vertical lines appear sporadically when in local adjustments.
If I enable Windows Ink - vertical lines do not appear, but drawing is hard due to the constantly appearing "right-mouse click" window.

Very annoying.
pawl_s

Postby Bobtographer » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:18 am

Right click is an ass in Windows, and thanks to Microsoft's implementation on how Graphic Tablets are handled, if you don't know how to customise, it can be a royal pain!

this started waaaaay back in Win7 and has only been getting worse!
AMD R1700 OC 3.8GHz | AMD R9 Fury 4GB | 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz DDR 4 | 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 NVMe
LG 27UD88 | LG 27 ColorPrime | C1 12.1 | Win10 64Pro 17763
Bobtographer

Postby pawl_s » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Thank you, I couldn't find this option in windows 10. But I did find it just now and it works, or seems so ;) Could be also that upgrade to v9.3 helped.
pawl_s

Return to Capture One 9.x Software