Roundtripping for Capture One

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Re: Roundtripping for Capture One

Postby DavidD46 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:55 am

Let us know how it goes. It works for me.
DavidD46

Postby wet in washington » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:49 am

Is there a plug-in folder for Capture One? If not, there should be. One should not have to go through a bunch of registry hacks to use an external editor or use more third party apps to get this done. Come on Capture One, get with it and get this fixed. :(
KeK
wet in washington

Postby rafikiphoto » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:44 pm

DavidD46 wrote:You could try this little utility which allows you to specify up to 12 external editors, and allows you to select from a list.
Just specify this one as the Edit With program.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uuge6e9kxlnrc ... t.zip?dl=0

I have installed this David, thank you, but I am unclear in the instructions:
>>Open your main editor and add the file ‘C\EditList\EditList3.exe’ as your 'Open With' or ' Edit With' program.<<
To which editor you are referring. Sorry to be dim but could you explain please?
Last edited by rafikiphoto on Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best wishes,

Brian.
rafikiphoto

Postby Luke_Miller » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:15 pm

I have a fair number of external apps, but I solve the problem by installing them as Photoshop plug-ins. Even with Lightroom, where I can access the apps directly, I prefer to get to them via Photoshop. Among other things it allows me to run the app on a layer so I can modify the result after the fact or apply it selectively. Obviously not a solution for non-Photoshop users.
Luke_Miller

Postby Samoreen » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:40 pm

NN635464888934308424UL wrote:A slightly less technical workaround (I am using Windows 8.1, but step 1, getting to the programme associations, is the only step that varies between versions of Windows)

1. Open Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations. Find the line starting with .tif. Note default programme.

This method doesn't seem to work any longer with C1 v9.1 under Windows 7. Sigh! However, the method I explained above involving editing the registry still works.
Samoreen

Postby Bob Thompson » Thu May 04, 2017 4:07 pm

DavidD46 wrote:You could try this little utility which allows you to specify up to 12 external editors, and allows you to select from a list.
Just specify this one as the Edit With program.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uuge6e9kxlnrc ... t.zip?dl=0

This worked for me, but did not round trip as such. It saves searching through folders for the external photo editor .exe file every time.
However, when finished I have to go back to Capture One and synchronize the folder where I saved, or exported, the file from the external photo editor. Then in Capture One, I have to hunt through the folder until I find the file.
There might be a better way, but I haven't found it just yet.

Edited 29 June 2017 - There is a recent webinar that explains round tripping very well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbG51tlxXZg

I am not sure what I was doing before I saw the webinar, but C1 will round trip with Affinity Photo. "Edit with" & "Open with" worked perfectly exporting a psd from Affinity replacing the original psd, and didn't even need to regenerate the previews as suggested in the webinar. :D
Last edited by Bob Thompson on Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Thompson

Postby NN230933UL » Sat May 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Thanks for this, great utility!
NN230933UL

Postby Samoreen » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:18 pm

After 2 years and 2 new major versions, still no progress in this area. C1 is still missing an external editors management tool. This code can be written in a few hours. I'm really wondering why this is not already done. If the developers of C1 don't understand what I'm talking about, they should look at Lightroom. Did you say Capture One Pro ?

Case submitted again to the support (#271653 ).
Samoreen

Previous

Return to Capture One 9.x Software