Tethering CO9 + Canon 5Ds + Win7

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Tethering CO9 + Canon 5Ds + Win7

Postby Juha-Pekka1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:21 am

Hi,

I was trying to get my old laptop back in business as a portable capture workstation with my CO9 pro. In theory it sounded good and straightforward idea; my Asus laptop has i5 with 8gig RAM and USB 3.0, so it would be enough to work with just capturing. In real world CO9 doesn't recognize camera and I don't have a clou where the problem is.

Whenever I connect 5Ds to USB, Win7 shows "installing device driver software", then "MTB USB-device installed", no any error messages. But I'm just wondering I still can't see "Canon camera" mentioned anywhere in device manager, only that MTB USB-device appears on "Portable devices".

Canon site says 5Ds doesn't need any special drivers with Win7 and CO9 should support 5Ds.

Any ideas?
Juha-Pekka1

Re: Tethering CO9 + Canon 5Ds + Win7

Postby Juha-Pekka1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:34 pm

UPDATE:
After several hours of struggling I just had to admit my Windows was so tangled that I finally ended up total reinstall. Now my setup is faster than ever and works like a charm.
Juha-Pekka1

Return to Capture One 9.x Software