Wrong colors in exported JPEG images

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Wrong colors in exported JPEG images

Postby fandrei » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:55 am

I'm exporting some pictures to JPEG and the colors in exported images look very different from the CaptureOne previews. Any ideas why this may be happening?
fandrei

Re: Wrong colors in exported JPEG images

Postby Ian3 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:30 am

Colour space? Are the exported JPGs sRGB, Adobe RGB, etc? Also what app are you looking at the exported images in? Are you saying they look different when viewed in Capture One, or when viewed in some other software?

Ian
Ian3

Postby fandrei » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Ian3 wrote:Colour space? Are the exported JPGs sRGB, Adobe RGB, etc? Also what app are you looking at the exported images in? Are you saying they look different when viewed in Capture One, or when viewed in some other software?

Ian

I tried both Adobe RGB and Embed camera profile, neither worked well. Viewing using IrfanView and Windows Photo Viewer; both applications show the picture different one from another, and different from CaptureOne preview.
fandrei

Postby Ian3 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:00 pm

fandrei wrote:
Ian3 wrote:Colour space? Are the exported JPGs sRGB, Adobe RGB, etc? Also what app are you looking at the exported images in? Are you saying they look different when viewed in Capture One, or when viewed in some other software?

Ian

I tried both Adobe RGB and Embed camera profile, neither worked well. Viewing using IrfanView and Windows Photo Viewer; both applications show the picture different one from another, and different from CaptureOne preview.

I would suggest sRGB.

Ian
Ian3

Postby ben_US » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:48 pm

Also check that your Proof Profile (View > Proof Profile) is in line with what your output colorspace is.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby fandrei » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:10 am

Ian3 wrote:I would suggest sRGB.

Ian

Thanks, this works much better.
fandrei

Return to Capture One 9.x Software