Remote Trigger via Pocket Wizards

Discussions regarding Phase One XF and XT
Also lens discussion for Phase One, Schneider and Rodenstock lenses.

Remote Trigger via Pocket Wizards

Postby DanielKPictures » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:40 am

Hi all, I wanted to ask if any of you know an easy way to remote trigger an XF Camera and 350 Back via a pocket wizard setup. I have never seen a cable for the XF camera that would connect to a pocket wizard, so figured maybe you all have. I used to do this all the time on my Canon's and it was great, anyone no a solution. I don't want to do this over wifi or computer with tethered either. Only pocket wizards.
DanielKPictures

Re: Remote Trigger via Pocket Wizards

Postby Ulf » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:58 am

Hi
PocketWizard makes a Mamiya / 645 AF trigger cable.
https://www.pocketwizard.com/products/c ... eracables/
Issue here is that this is a 8pin HiRos while the XF body have a 12pin.
What you could do is to get the Phase One XF Brake out box (BoB) to be able to connect a 8pin which converts to 12pin.

In the end, this is a much more expensive solution and complicated then simply getting a Profoto remote / transceiver.
https://profoto.com/in/products/air-remotes

With the latest update to the XF platform you can use any Profoto transceiver to trigger the built-in profoto module.
The body can also transmit a profoto air signal to trigger the flash.
On top of that, you get the sync speed advantage that profoto has over pocketwizards.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Paul Richards Leeds UK » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:27 pm

I have both systems but don't use the PW as much as the PRoFoto I have used the PW in the flashgun connecter with other PWs but the profoto is just easier .
Paul Richards Leeds UK

Postby NNN637067625488388393 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Hi...make sure you get PW that has a Relay mode. This will allow you to triger the camera remotely, and will switch (relay) to another channel to possibly trigger your remote flashes in the same instance, if needed.
I am not sure how this would work in the bulb mode? since only a single command to trigger camera is issued. Possibly pressing PW transmitter again will close the Bulb mode on the camera(?) or bulb mode may not be possible (?)
NNN637067625488388393

Postby Dana21 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:39 pm

DanielKPictures wrote:Hi all, I wanted to ask if any of you know an easy way to remote trigger an XF Camera and 350 Back via a pocket wizard setup. I have never seen a cable for the XF camera that would connect to a pocket wizard, so figured maybe you all have. I used to do this all the time on my Canon's and it was great, anyone no a solution. I don't want to do this over wifi or computer with tethered either. Only pocket wizards.

If you use the Profoto Air remote, the XF has Profoto Air built in. I just keep Air remote in my camera case as my dedicated XF remote.
Dana21

Return to Phase One XF and XT