XF misfire error

Discussions regarding Phase One 645 XF
Also lens discussion for Phase One and Schneider lenses.

XF misfire error

Postby Paqart » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:18 pm

Last week I was in the middle of a shoot when the XF wouldn't fire. This happened maybe one out of every hundred shots, so it didn't bother me too much. However, today it happened almost every other shot, so it was a serious problem. An error displayed when it happened (I hadn't noticed this earlier) but I don't remember the exact words. I was in the middle of a shoot and didn't feel like finding something to write on to record the error. However, it was something like "capture failure", "camera misfire", "shutter misfire" or something like that. It also had a list of possible causes listed on the right. Reading top to bottom, the second and third items had a red "X" beside them. The first of these had something to do with the DB. It is also possible that this had happened during some focus stacking shots where, after about 15-20 shots, it stopped, waited a couple of seconds, made a clicking noise, then resumed shooting.

I was wondering if it is related to the ES because I used it all day yesterday for some tests with focus stacking.

Bottom line: do I need to send it in for repairs, or can it be solved more simply by myself?

I should add that I was using the XF-100MP.

AP
Paqart

Re: XF misfire error

Postby arnoldbelohlavek » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:24 am

I had this error too!
For 3 or 4 Shots the red X came up and the shutter had to be reset.
I have to say i use a leaf credo 40.
arnoldbelohlavek
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby mgerardw » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:10 pm

Same issue here. Intermittent lock ups with a "capture error" notification on the XF screen.
The "capture error” and“mirror box have a red X next to them on the information screen.
I've been told by my friends at Capture Integration that it's a conflict with the new firmware and that Phase is aware of the issue. They suggested that if its a huge problem I could use the FPS or go nuclear and revert to the previous firmware.
In my experience it seems the longer I use the camera the more apt it is to lock up, for instance the lock ups only started happening yesterday at the tail end of a 3 hour shoot.
Hopefully a fix will come soon-ish.
mgerardw

Postby Paqart » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:19 pm

If it is a firmware issue I feel a bit better because that means it is probably fixable without sending the camera in for repair. I really like the electronic shutter that comes with this update though, so I'm not inclined to revert just yet.

AP
Paqart

Postby Ulf » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:40 am

Hi

We have a couple of reports about this with firmware update 3.

We have already a fix ready which is being tested.
So option is to either downgrade to firmware update 2.
Or you can contact support to get the fix now.

Public release of the ix is expected early next week.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby arnoldbelohlavek » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:21 pm

hi, there is a workaround as i now be sure that it has something to do with the leaf shutter functions. switching to focal plane shutter should work (see captureintegrations website)...
arnoldbelohlavek
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby arnoldbelohlavek » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi , when will this fix coming out now?
arnoldbelohlavek
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Ulf » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi

I was a bit over optimistic in my prediction to time frame.
If you contact support we can sort you out.

Other wise we will most likely go live next week. If you have logged in on phaseone.com and downloaded the current firmware, then you will be notified about version 3.1 as it will be a recommended upgrade to do.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Phase One 645 XF