Capture Setup> Profoto missing from XF menu

Discussions regarding Phase One XF and XT
Also lens discussion for Phase One, Schneider and Rodenstock lenses.

Capture Setup> Profoto missing from XF menu

Postby Paqart » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:14 pm

When my dealer delivered my XF system, I asked him to show me how to enable the proFoto remote, but he couldn't find it and I was in a hurry, so he left without showing me. A couple times in the following weeks, I looked for the settings and also couldn't find it, so I used my Nikon Profoto remote (which works on the XF). However, I have just sat down, manual in hand, to look for a way to turn on the ProFoto remote and have discovered that it isn't where it is supposed to be, nor is it anywhere else. It literally isn't on any menu, let alone at Capture Setup> Profoto where it is supposed to be.

I could have sworn I saw it a few weeks ago when I didn't need it (and skipped over it) but now it is gone completely. Is there a way to remove it from the menu, such as a simple UI setting? Is there a way to get it back? This is quite annoying. Although I have a workaround, I prefer not having to deal with an external device if I don't have to.

Best regards,

AP
Paqart

Re: Capture Setup> Profoto missing from XF menu

Postby Ulf » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:21 am

Hi

You should find this in Camera menu -> Capture Setup -> Profoto
I don't think I have ever heard about it not being there...
But never the less I presume you have contact the Phase One partner from whom you purchased the camera to have this sorted.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Re: Capture Setup> Profoto missing from XF menu

Postby Paqart » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:21 am

Hello Ulf,

My dealer couldn't find it when he looked, but I eventually found it about a week after this post. I had assumed that all of the menus on the small screen on top of the camera were replicated on the large screen on the back (most of them are). So, because I need glasses to read the tiny type on the small screen, but can read the large screen without glasses, I was trying to find it under the capture setup menus on the back. It wasn't there, but it was present on the smaller screen. It works beautifully, but I do wish it could be accessed on the back because it is easier to see--same for focus stacking.

AP
Paqart

Return to Phase One XF and XT