XF not seeing IQ140 back. Can't update firmware on body.

Discussions regarding Phase One XF and XT
Also lens discussion for Phase One, Schneider and Rodenstock lenses.

XF not seeing IQ140 back. Can't update firmware on body.

Postby Nick_L » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:30 pm

Hi everyone,

I have an XF that I have had no luck with in terms of pairing it with my IQ140 back. The back works fine with my older DF body but it will not show up on the XF. The XF just flashes "DB" in red on the camera LCD. I have tried updating the back firmware to the latest version but that still doesn't work.

I have a friend who just got the same setup last week and his is working fine using the latest firmware versions on both the XF body and IQ140 back. Problem is I can't update the firmware on my body via cf card because the body doesn't "see" the back of course. I know on the DF you could use the grip (which has a usb port on it) to update the body instead of using the cf card. Is there a way to do something similar on the XF? The manual says there is a way to use the "multifunction port" to connect a usb port in some way? I can't find any further info on this.

Any help at all is most welcome. Has anyone else had issues using the 1 series IQ backs with the XF?

thanks!
Nick
Nick_L

Re: XF not seeing IQ140 back. Can't update firmware on body.

Postby Ulf » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:37 am

Hi

The back must have a firmware that is compatible with the body in order for the back to understand what it is communicating with.
So update the camera back to version 7.01 which can be downloaded here:
https://www.phaseone.com/en/Download/Ca ... mware.aspx
Once it has been updated the back should be able to communicate with the body.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Nick_L » Tue May 17, 2016 12:30 am

Hi Ulf,

Thanks for replying. I forgot to mention that yes the back has been updated to the newest FW version and the body still doesn't see it.

I had read there was a cable that attaches to a port on the xf body that allows it to be connected via usb to a computer. Do you think doing that and updating the body FW might fix the issue?

As stated earlier, I obviously can't update the body FW via the back since the body doesn't "see" it at all. :(

Thanks!
Nick
Nick_L

Postby Ulf » Wed May 18, 2016 12:31 am

Hi

All firmware updates to body is done through the backs camera interface.
Contact you local Phase One partner from whom you purchased the gear from for local troubleshooting.
It may or may not result in service required.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One XF and XT