XF Cable Release

Discussions regarding Phase One 645 XF
Also lens discussion for Phase One and Schneider lenses.

XF Cable Release

Postby NN635722369495215289UL » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:35 am

I am wondering if I can use a cable release on XF.
I plug in the Mamiya electromagnetic cable release into the XF body but found that the socket is not right. I plug it into my IQ150 and it won't work to trigger the shutter. Shall I have a new cable release for XF?

Ray
NN635722369495215289UL

Re: XF Cable Release

Postby JUK » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:23 pm

The DF+ cable release will continue as a part also for the XF. We will make an adapter for this cable release, which is expected to be ready by the end of September.
Kind regards,

Justin
Team Phase One Support

Please make a support case for technical support with Capture One software:
Http://support.phaseone.com and click on "Contact Support"

Connect with Phase One on our social media channels.
JUK
Crew
Crew

Postby kendoophoto » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:51 pm

Any news on the "new" electromagnetic cable release or adapter for the release??

ken
kendoophoto

Postby jtremblay » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:03 pm

Does anyone know if this has been done? I've got the old cable release for the df+ as well and would either like to get the adapter or a new one -
jtremblay

Postby Jon » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:33 pm

Unfortunately we hit some delays and it is not available just yet...
Kind Regards,
Jon Gilbert
Phase One
Jon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mike Maas » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:12 am

Is there an update for the availability for cable release adaptor cable or a new cable release for the XF body?

Thanks
Mike
Mike Maas

Postby NN635722369495215289UL » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:49 pm

Any update on the shutter release? Hope that Phase One will not keep us waiting.
NN635722369495215289UL

Postby kendoophoto » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:16 pm

I'd prefer to have a new one-piece cable release as opposed to using an adapter (another possible link to fail).

At our recent workshop in Carmel, Ziv Argov brought along a custom made cable release for the XF. No adapter. A shorter coiled version and a longer straight cable (hey, just like the old release!) would be great. :)

ken
kendoophoto

Postby Ross Floyd » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:11 pm

The adapter is of great interest to us as we use the Profoto 1/4" mono to phaseone shutter release to trigger our cameras via pocket wizard and because of profoto integration in the camera they will not make an updated version for the XF.

This is vital to our workflow. The capture pilot app is great for some things, but the practicality and simplicity of pocketwizs is all about speed for us.
Ross Floyd / www.rossfloyd.com
Ross Floyd
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Adamalthus » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:29 am

I too would like to know when the adapter will be available. I need this to interface with my Seitz Roundshot. If the cable is not going to be available soon then perhaps you could publish the interface specs so we can make our own.

Many thanks!
Adamalthus

Postby Digital Transitions, Doug » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:23 pm

Speak with your dealer. They should already have an option for you.
Digital Transitions, Doug
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Nikonlarry » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:36 pm

I am looking for a cable release that as a 2.5mm 3 conductor end that I can use with time-lapse controllers. Two that come to mind are Dynamic Perception NMX and Ramper Pro. Also MK Controls Lighting Bug uses the 2.3mm 3 connector cable.

If we had the specs we might be able to make our own or companies like Pixel Enterprise Limited could manufacture it. They seem to make cables for just about everything else.
Nikonlarry

Postby uptownguydenver » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:48 am

It looks like Phase One just released a Break Out Box (BOB) for the XF camera. Along with it is a remote and cables from Hähnel.

From the information I have so far BOB has a port that connects to the XF, a port to 24v power supply for charging (to be available later this year), and a port for a remote. Bob also has a button built-in for triggering the camera.

Hähnel has a remote with triggering button and two cables. One appears to be a TRS 2.5mm jack that can be connected to a controller or other triggering device.

After looking at the Hähnel they have all kinds of triggering devices that will trigger from sound, light and movement.

I just saw this announcement today. Anyone have more information?
uptownguydenver
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Paqart » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:07 pm

RE: uptownguydenver, my dealer offered that BOB to me also, but frankly, I just want a simple cable release, not a three-way cable that does all sorts of extra things--just like the release I used for my DF+. Frankly, I love the XF, but I like to shoot with a cable 50% of the time--but almost never while plugged into a socket at a studio, which is one of the things the BOB is for. So far, I have never run out of battery power with the camera or even a macBook attached to it--even for all day shoots, so I don't see the need for the extra cables on the new cable release, at least not for my work.

Note to Phase One: please release a simple cable release without any bells and whistles.

AP
Paqart

Postby Ulf » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:52 pm

Hi
The upcoming Hähnel solution will be the simple solution you are looking for.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Phase One 645 XF