Canon RAW M files suffer from compression

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 8.x.

Canon RAW M files suffer from compression

Postby angelajstewart » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:33 am

I recently purchased the Canon EOS 5Ds as I was really hoping to use the Raw M setting for Ecomm shots. I have however found that the images resulting suffer from poor compression giving soft/out of focus images. This happens regardless of tethered or shooting to the card as it is clearly Capture One Pro that is causing it. When I use Canon's own software the images are perfect. I know it would therefore make sense to use Canon's own software but it's not good at handling the volume of images that we put through it during an Ecomm fashion shoot, in a one day shoot we can have 250GB of raw data. I have addressed this with Phase One directly but I have never got a satisfactory answer, as they disagree with the acceptable level of sharpness. Has anyone else come across this issue? Do you have a work around for it? I would really appreciate your help / advice on this matter. Thanks Angela
angelajstewart

Re: Canon RAW M files suffer from compression

Postby SFA » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:35 am

angelajstewart wrote:I recently purchased the Canon EOS 5Ds as I was really hoping to use the Raw M setting for Ecomm shots. I have however found that the images resulting suffer from poor compression giving soft/out of focus images. This happens regardless of tethered or shooting to the card as it is clearly Capture One Pro that is causing it. When I use Canon's own software the images are perfect. I know it would therefore make sense to use Canon's own software but it's not good at handling the volume of images that we put through it during an Ecomm fashion shoot, in a one day shoot we can have 250GB of raw data. I have addressed this with Phase One directly but I have never got a satisfactory answer, as they disagree with the acceptable level of sharpness. Has anyone else come across this issue? Do you have a work around for it? I would really appreciate your help / advice on this matter. Thanks Angela

Have you tried Capture One V9?

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 8.x Software