Can one enter user comments in tethered mode?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 8.x.

Can one enter user comments in tethered mode?

Postby pwnell » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:31 am

I would like to know whether it is possible in the latest Capture One Pro to enter a user comment and have it write to the User Comment EXIF field when shooting tethered? I make extensive use of this in DSLR Remote Pro when capturing images tethered, since it allows me to make note that the set of say 100 photos were taken with a certain microscope objective, then I switch the objective and make a new note and all following photos taken while tethered takes on the new user comment.

Is this possible?
pwnell

Re: Can one enter user comments in tethered mode?

Postby Christian Gruner » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:25 am

"Copy from Last, using Clipboard" is your friend here.

Type in the comments on a reset image. Copy these settings to the CO clipboard. Shoot away.
Test-Manager, Capture One, Phase One A/S
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby pwnell » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:24 pm

Thank you for your response, but I am afraid you have completely lost me. I am a Lightroom user, never used Capture One Pro before.

I cannot find any "Comment" edit box anywhere in the UI. Where would this be? Under metadata there is none that matches Exif User Comments.

I cannot see any command that is called Copy from Last , using Clipboard in the UI.

I cannot see any way to copy anything in Capture One to the clipboard because I do not know what to copy or how to tell it to apply that to the next image to be captured.

Please can you tell me where in the UI do I find these fields / options?

Lastly, I do not know what a "reset" image is. I presume you meant "recent" image?
pwnell

Postby pwnell » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:03 am

After much digging, here is what I tried:

1. Captured a photo.
2. Clicked the Metadata icon
3. Typed in some comment in IPTC - Content: Description field.
4. Clicked the "Copy settings to adjustment clipboard" and selected Metadata: Description, then clicked Copy.
5. Back in the capture tab, I selected "Copy from Last using Clipboard" for Next Capture Adjustments
6. Took another photo - no description was copied.

So...
1. What am I doing wrong?
2. Is there a way to enter a comment BEFORE taking the first photo? It is kind of disruptive even if above would have worked, to capture a photo, set its comment, copy it, then continue shooting the rest of the series. Sometimes my subjects are not stationary and this delay of 5 - 10 seconds causes it to move, rendering a stack useless.
pwnell

Postby Christian Gruner » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:40 am

Sorry for the confuision. There are a few more steps we have to take.

First off, we have to untick Adjustments Tool Tab - "..." menu -> "Autoselect Adjusted".

This means that parameters that have been adjusted will not automatically be copied over to the next image, when we are using the "Copy from last using Clipboard".

Now shoot another picture, and you should see your IPTC data come over.
Test-Manager, Capture One, Phase One A/S
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby pwnell » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:01 am

How do I do this in Capture One Pro 9.1? The option "Copy from last using Clipboard" is gone... For metadata, there is only a "Copy from Last" and Copy from Primary (neither works). My metadata description field does not get copied any longer.
pwnell

Postby SFA » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:21 am

pwnell wrote:How do I do this in Capture One Pro 9.1? The option "Copy from last using Clipboard" is gone... For metadata, there is only a "Copy from Last" and Copy from Primary (neither works). My metadata description field does not get copied any longer.

It may help to put this question up in the Version 9 forum.

Grant
SFA

Postby SFA » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:22 am

SFA wrote:
pwnell wrote:How do I do this in Capture One Pro 9.1? The option "Copy from last using Clipboard" is gone... For metadata, there is only a "Copy from Last" and Copy from Primary (neither works). My metadata description field does not get copied any longer.

It may help to put this question up in the Version 9 forum.

Or create a Support Case.

Or both.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 8.x Software