Orientation random when shooting straight down

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 8.x.

Re: Orientation random when shooting straight down

Postby NNN635441495881242899 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:37 pm

Also, I'm on a Mac, so this isn't a Windows problem. And I tried disabling Auto Image Rotation in the camera's settings in the hope it would force it to stay on one orientation. No luck.
NNN635441495881242899

Postby Jim_DK » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:04 am

We are working on a solution for this. Watch out for news coming soon!
James
Phase One DK
Jim_DK
Crew
Crew

Postby Jim_DK » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:44 pm

9.1 was released today with a redesigned orientation lock to help with this exact problem.

If you have already tried 9.0, 9.1 has a reset trial. Give it a whirl, see what you think.
James
Phase One DK
Jim_DK
Crew
Crew

Postby Michael11 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Hmmm, reading through the posts I was thinking about two things:

1) When the camera is in normal shooting position, it should easily recognize whether it's in landscape or portrait orientation - gravitation effect, where it goes "down". But when pointed straight up or straight down, how could the landscape and portrait orientation definition possibly fit as it goes "down" by the same amount from all four sides of the image. (Similar "problem" is the question where is west or east right at the north or south pole?). So no wonder for me when the orientation flips around randomly. What might be done perhaps is providing a "definition" which side is to be considered "down" and whether shots should be all shown in landscape (or portrait) orientation.

2) Is shooting downwards essential for that work? The document to be photographed could be as well wall mounted and the camera horizonally and parallel to the wall mounted. Certainly no random orientation flipping in that position.
Michael11

Previous

Return to Capture One 8.x Software