New User

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 8.x.

New User

Postby greenjay99 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:12 am

New user, just learning C1 user interface.
A couple of questions: 1) Is this the site to use for simple user questions about C1, its user interface, and workflow issues? Seems pretty good, but if there's another you use, please share.
2) My very simple question -- my Cursor Toolbar is missing, and I can't find the menu item to restore it! In fact, the entire bar horizontally is not displaying (the one with 3 groups of tools, a group on the left starting with the import icon, the various cursor tools in the center, and the show-focus-mask icon & other items on right). The copy of C1 I have on my other computer DOES show this bar of useful items, and I've compared preferences on the two C1 instances -- with no differences. The version is 8.2.1 on one, 8.2.2 on the other (the one giving me problems).

I'm sure it's trivially simple, but I'm stuck! Any ideas? Thanks!
greenjay99
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:19 am

Re: New User

Postby MikeFromMesa » Fri May 29, 2015 1:30 am

greenjay99 wrote:New user, just learning C1 user interface.
A couple of questions: 1) Is this the site to use for simple user questions about C1, its user interface, and workflow issues? Seems pretty good, but if there's another you use, please share.

It has been my experience that this is a very good site for getting both simple and complex questions answered. Some of us (like myself) are just regular users but some are experts and know a great deal about CaptureOne.

greenjay99 wrote:2) My very simple question -- my Cursor Toolbar is missing, and I can't find the menu item to restore it! In fact, the entire bar horizontally is not displaying (the one with 3 groups of tools, a group on the left starting with the import icon, the various cursor tools in the center, and the show-focus-mask icon & other items on right). The copy of C1 I have on my other computer DOES show this bar of useful items, and I've compared preferences on the two C1 instances -- with no differences. The version is 8.2.1 on one, 8.2.2 on the other (the one giving me problems).

I'm sure it's trivially simple, but I'm stuck! Any ideas? Thanks!

If I understand your question correctly you are having an issue with the CO toolbar. If you right-click on the toolbar you will get a context menu and one of those choices is Customize Toolbar. Click on it and you will get the option of changing the toolbar to whatever format you wish.
MikeFromMesa
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:39 pm

Re: New User

Postby PJ » Fri May 29, 2015 6:33 am

Select "Show Toolbar" from the View menu.
PJ
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 2:12 pm

Re: New User

Postby Frank.O » Fri May 29, 2015 8:47 am

greenjay99 wrote:2) My very simple question -- my Cursor Toolbar is missing, and I can't find the menu item to restore it! In fact, the entire bar horizontally is not displaying (the one with 3 groups of tools, a group on the left starting with the import icon, the various cursor tools in the center, and the show-focus-mask icon & other items on right). The copy of C1 I have on my other computer DOES show this bar of useful items, and I've compared preferences on the two C1 instances -- with no differences. The version is 8.2.1 on one, 8.2.2 on the other (the one giving me problems).

This happened to me twice and it was neither recoverable via View menu-> show toolbar nor via right click and customize toolbar.

What did work though was going to Window->Workspace->Standard.
If you have already customized your user interface of C1 you should save it as a workspace via the same path.
You can then recover from any situation you might get into.

Regards,
Frank
Frank.O
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: New User

Postby Dangerous Lee » Fri May 29, 2015 7:12 pm

Had the same problem after an update. The entire top horizontal toolbar was gone. Took awhile until I figured out that when I went to Window->Workspace, none were selected. I chose Default and everything came back.
Dangerous Lee
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:24 pm

Re: New User

Postby greenjay99 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:27 pm

Thanks for that answer -- earlier, I had found the "Customize Toolbar" item you suggest in the menus, but for some reason could not drag anything from there into the toolbar. This last time I tried it (invoking using the right-click method), it was more cooperative -- and I was able to reconstruct the default look by dragging each icon, one by one, into the toolbar. The only difference now between the two Capture One instances is that all the tools are bunched toward the left (in the one where I had to reconstruct by dragging the icons).

I'm totally happy with that -- it's the functionality I want, after all.

It's interesting that the instance that is giving me problems shows, in the "customize toolbar" dialog, an EMPTY area below the line ". . . or drag the default set into the toolbar", but in the other instance (on another machine), that same area has icons to use! So something more is going on -- at worst, some sort of bug, or maybe just a setting or preference I have set "wrong".

Thanks again.
greenjay99
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:19 am

Re: New User

Postby NNN635458381363732526 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:38 am

As an Apple user, I cannot go to Windows to find a solution. I too am missing the tool bar across the upper center of the screen. Any suggestions for the iMac users?
NNN635458381363732526
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:15 pm

Re: New User

Postby AiDon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:27 am

NNN635458381363732526 wrote:As an Apple user, I cannot go to Windows to find a solution. I too am missing the tool bar across the upper center of the screen. Any suggestions for the iMac users?


Select View-> Window Mode (the shortcut is F11 in Windows not sure of Mac)
AiDon
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:58 am


Return to Capture One 8.x Software



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests