SONY A6000: Video Live View doesn`t work! HELP!

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 8.x.

SONY A6000: Video Live View doesn`t work! HELP!

Postby NN635672649444921752UL » Mon May 25, 2015 4:57 am

Hello,

I`m hoping someone could help me with this issue. :roll:
I`ve downloaded and purchased Capture One 8 for my Sony Alpha 6000 so I can do live video tethering. It shows that video tethering is supported for the Sony A6000, when I connect my camera using the original USB given from the original box. When I connect the USB to my Macbook (OS. 10. 10x YOSEMITE) It pops up the images from my camera and lets me transfer them to the software. However, when I try to click the Live view button so I`m able to tether while recording my video, it says that my Sony A6000 is not supported. After that issue I even purchased an HDMI to connect to the micro usb port of the Sony to my camera hoping there would be a solution but when I used this different cable, it says that there is "No Camera Detected". At this point I`m very frustrated because I make videos and am in desperate need to be able to tether my videos while recording and have a live view. Please let me know how I can diagnose this issue. I left the camera USB mode to "PC remote" and all the other options as recommended. I`ve tried using the software Capture one Pro, and Express to see if any would work for my camera but have failed. :cry:
NN635672649444921752UL

Re: SONY A6000: Video Live View doesn`t work! HELP!

Postby SteveCase » Mon May 25, 2015 7:42 am

I think that you are trying to do something that is not there. Live View is for still photography, not video, as far as I know.
Steve
SteveCase

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon May 25, 2015 8:24 am

SteveCase wrote:I think that you are trying to do something that is not there. Live View is for still photography, not video, as far as I know.

That is correct, Steve, no tethering of video is supported.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby ronfredericks » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:24 pm

I'm having a similar problem using a Sony A7R on a MacBook Pro. The camera is not detected so I can't shoot tethered. I don't have any problem with tethering and Live View on an older iMac. The MacBook i newer and has an additional graphics card and 2mb memory which is superior to the iMac. Any suggestions?

Thanks
ronfredericks

Return to Capture One 8.x Software