Problems printing from Capture one

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 8.x.

Problems printing from Capture one

Postby ChrisM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:47 pm

I normally print from Photoshop, but recently have started printing directly from CO1.
It seems however that color management is not done properly by CO1. I'm on a macbook pro 10.10.2 and use the exact same printing routine that works flawlessly in Photoshop, but in CO1 apparently leads to some double profiling or wrong profiling.
I select the .icc profile that I made for the paper in the color profile field, choose "relative colorimetric" and use black point compensation. I then select the appropriate paper type under the "print settings" tab. There is of course no option to "turn off color management" in the print dialogue as is requested by CO1: this is all automated on the Mac with a modern Epson printer (I use the SC P-600): when you choose an output profile, the "color matching" filed in the print dialogue is greyed out. But I wonder if CO1 disables color management properly in the printer driver, because the image that came out today looked a lot like it suffered from double profiling: vivid red was drained, and colors were flat and grayish. I went on to print the same image with exactly the same settings from Photoshop, and colors were spot on.

Any Ideas?
Thanks
Chris
ChrisM

Re: Problems printing from Capture one

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:12 pm

Hmm, I read this before here, but I do not recall the solution (if there was any). Perhaps searching the forum help?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby ChrisM » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Or perhaps I should raise a support case. If it is a known issue after all....

Thanks
Chris
ChrisM

Postby NN635511934340995616UL » Mon May 02, 2016 8:52 pm

Hi Chris/All,

Just wanted to revive this thread as I am having the same issues with CO9, MacBook Pro and Canon Pro-100 ICC profiles. If I choose sRGB ICC, black (0 0 0 0) is black but if I choose the Canon ICC profile black (0 0 0 0) appears and prints as grayish/flat. Monitor is calibrated and ColorSync is checked in the print dialog.

The selected recipe has the Canon ICC profile loaded and the Proof Profile selected is "Selected Recipe".

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

David
NN635511934340995616UL

Return to Capture One 8.x Software