Fuji RAF and Open CL

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 8.x.

Fuji RAF and Open CL

Postby h46it » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:58 am

Hello Capture1,

I was wondering how much in C1 8 is using GPU vs CPU when working with Fuji RAF files? I've never really questioned it before until recent as I had a chance to shoot with a Pentax 645z. Files seem to process faster with the 50MP files vs 16MP from my Fuji's? Is it because of Fuji's X-trans CFA?

Also C1 seems to still use CPU quite a bit, specially when zooming in and out of images (I do have hardware acceleration set to "Auto"). What is CPU bound and what is GPU bound within C1.

Thank you!
h46it

Re: Fuji RAF and Open CL

Postby Christian Gruner » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:55 pm

The xtrans-pipeline is not openCL accellerated, only the Bayer-pipeline is. That is why you see a increase in performance using a bayer-pattern based raw-file.
Test-Manager, Capture One, Phase One A/S
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby h46it » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:15 am

Sorry for the late reply didn't get an email saying that anyone wrote back.

Christian Gruner wrote:The xtrans-pipeline is not openCL accellerated, only the Bayer-pipeline is. That is why you see a increase in performance using a bayer-pattern based raw-file.

Is the Xtrans-Pipeline ever going to get supported for Open CL? Is there a reason why xtrans does not get Open CL pipeline? Is it just not worth the time to write Open CL for Xtrans as there is so little numbers of us? This is the on RAW editor I have been using ever since I switched to Fuji about 3 years ago and I thought 8 for sure would bring Open CL to RAF files.

Thanks!
h46it

Postby Christian Gruner » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:39 am

h46it wrote:Sorry for the late reply didn't get an email saying that anyone wrote back.

Christian Gruner wrote:The xtrans-pipeline is not openCL accellerated, only the Bayer-pipeline is. That is why you see a increase in performance using a bayer-pattern based raw-file.

Is the Xtrans-Pipeline ever going to get supported for Open CL? Is there a reason why xtrans does not get Open CL pipeline? Is it just not worth the time to write Open CL for Xtrans as there is so little numbers of us? This is the on RAW editor I have been using ever since I switched to Fuji about 3 years ago and I thought 8 for sure would bring Open CL to RAF files.

Thanks!

I would never say never, but I will not make any predictions.
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby h46it » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:26 am

Christian Gruner wrote:
I would never say never, but I will not make any predictions.

We can only hope that this is in the near future, sucks that I can't take advantage of Open CL with my R290 card and RAF files!
h46it

Postby NN635427896088650500UL » Mon May 16, 2016 8:09 am

Hi,

Still no GPU for RAF files in Capture One 9.1?

David
NN635427896088650500UL

Return to Capture One 8.x Software