No Import Button

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 8.x.

No Import Button

Postby NN635474383512085075UL » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:24 pm

I have installed C1 8 Express (Sony) build 453. I am anxious to test this application to possibly replace Adobe Lightroom.

When I open the Import Dialog screen I am able to complete all the information with no problem. The folder I designate as input source is found with no problem and the .ARW images contained therein are displayed.

Unfortunately, that is as far as I can go because there is no "Import" button on my screen. The entire bottom line which is shown on the Import Dialog screen of the tutorial video is missing from my screen,

I have tried everything I can think of but still no

NN635474383512085075UL

Re: No Import Button

Postby davidge » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:17 am

FYI I too am having problems with import (C18P trial version) - I do have an import button (Import All) but it does not work (i.e. nothing is ever imported) :( . I have raised a support case for this. Anyone else had this problem?
davidge

Postby davidge » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:51 am

FYI: Following on from my problem with 'Import All' not working, Phase One Support have identified a bug in that if *any* (i.e. one or more than one) of the 'Always hide...' global filters is set then Import All does not work regardless of the type of files being imported. For example if 'Always hide PNG' is set and the folder being imported contains only RAWs then Import All fails.
They are looking into it...
davidge

Postby SFA » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:36 am

I presume people are getting past this stumbling block (which I suspect has been around for a while but previously unmentioned) by simply highlighting on of the images displayed, keying CTRL-A to select all of them and then using import from there?

The lack of a visible button is an odd one. I seem to recall seeing that once but putting it down to a windows screen rendering problem to do with the current scaling of the screen resolution at the time. In my case a refresh of the screen - I can't recall exactly what I did but 'the usual stuff' rather than anything special - re-instated the complete window as intended.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby davidge » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:07 pm

Yes, I got around the problem by using the Ctrl-A method so I assume perhaps others have as well. Of course, if you do not have any global filters set then the problem does not arise.
Being a software developer I am quite surprised that such a rudimentary fault was not found at the testing stage before release - particularly as this fault did not occur in CO7 (well not in my version). I can only think that Phase One fell into the "It worked OK in the previous release and we have not changed anything in that area so it does not need testing" software development trap. I have encountered this more times than I care to remember where changes made in one part of software have had unexpected knock-on effects elsewhere...hence rigorous re-testing is always essential no matter how tedious.
davidge

Postby SFA » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:46 pm

Not sure about the time scale here.

From memory I have always used CTRL-A since V6 (possibly V5 which I used for but a short while before 6 was released) as the Import All seemed not to do anything - though to be fair I may not have investigated that in great depth since I could always import what I wished to import anyway.

Grant
SFA

Postby P.Blakey » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:09 pm

I have just installed the Capture One For Sony and it too does not have an "IMPORT" button at the bottom the window of any kind.in the import window that opens after clicking the Import button or through import on the menu bar.
Has any one found a solution to this yet?
Even if I select one or all of the images in that window, nothing!
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Peter
P.Blakey

Return to Capture One 8.x Software