Duplicating a folder structure in a template

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 8.x.

Duplicating a folder structure in a template

Postby NNN635417224838770342 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi there! A few weeks ago I made this post for C1 7:(and get no answer :(

"I am a former long time Aperture user. At the moment I am very busy to get all my work into several C1 catalogues.
I like to have a structured workflow even with user collections. In Aperture there was /is also the possibility to have user collections with different albums. (projects/5* albums, 4* albums, intelligent albums etc) So I built my structure in Aperture and duplicated it if i needed an new one. Very comfortable to duplicate than to set up each album definition again. Unfortunately I didn`t find a way to duplicate such a user collection structure in C1. Is there a way to duplicate?"

:) Now I updated to Vers 8. Et voilà now it is possible to save a catalog as a template. Great work guys!
:( But it is still not possible to duplicate such a folder/album structure inside an existing catalogue.

So, working catalogue based the only way to get a proper structure in a catalogue in a faster way is to built up a MASTER catalogue template and use this structure for every new job. Afterwards I have to import this new catalogue into my Main catalogue to have the structure that I wanted.

Maybe I am too ... structure orientated ?! No. :roll: Guys at Phaseone: Isn`t it possible to implement this template function right into the "main catalogue". :idea: I really saves a lot of time.

What do you think?
Thanks. Ralf
NNN635417224838770342

Re: Duplicating a folder structure in a template

Postby HCS » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:28 pm

I don't know the answer, i actually don't really know what your question is about.

But, this is a user-to-user forum, Phase One employees may drop in from time to time, but do this on their own account, not on Phase One's account.

If you want Phase One to work on something, be it an issue or a feature request, you need to log a support case via the website.
HCS

Re: Duplicating a folder structure in a template

Postby TerryNick » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:09 pm

Did you ever find a way to duplicate a folder structure as a template? I'm in the same situation and make a yearly Project which contains monthly albums. Would like a way to quickly create this structure.....came over from Aperture also.
TerryNick

Return to Capture One 8.x Software