I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT catalogue

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 8.x.

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT catalogue

Postby NNN636786486949062480 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:38 am

Not shooting so much, I organise the pictures in directories named using date and place of shooting. Until last summer, this worked fine: directories added in Windows explorer would show up in the library tab of C1 without any intervention.

I am presently using the trial version ov V8 and don't find the used catalogue. In addition, it seems that I have to import each existing directory individually.

I had several crashes these last weeks due to some deep digging audio software. Now I don't know whether
- the crashes ruined the catalogue
- C1 has changed its defaulds.

Why does the directory tree where I store the pictures not show up completely in C1 v8?
NNN636786486949062480

Re: I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT catalogue

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:09 pm

First, I suggest that you run a trial of a current version, which is Capture One 12.

Perhaps you know that you can use either a session or a catalog as library type in Capture One. With a catalog import is mandatory, with a session it is not. From a session, which is completely file and folder based, you can browse System Folders.

A catalog takes another approach. The catalog stores a link to the image's location in its database during import. So you must import for a catalog to see your images.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 8.x Software