crossed pencil and search between several catalogs questions

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 8.x.

crossed pencil and search between several catalogs questions

Postby hzenteno » Sat May 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Hello. Finally i purchase C1 8 because is more fast and reliable. I have two questions maybe someone can help me.
1- I have several scanned grayscale images. They appear with a crossed pencil icon and in spite I tried to convert them to Adobe RGB with automator or Photoshop I still can't edit this images. Any idea how to solve that.
2-The catalogs still are not very stable and I need to split the quantity of images in several of them. I want sometimes to search in all the catalogs some kind of photos by keywords or name. Change between catalogs are a slow process, for one reason they takes some minutes to open. Any idea to do a global search?
Many thanks
I use a Macbook Retina 3 Ghz Intel Core i7 with 8 Gb of Ram
hzenteno

Re: crossed pencil and search between several catalogs questions

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat May 09, 2015 4:07 pm

A1. Grayscale images are not editable, hence the crossed pencil icon. RGB images are editable.
A2. Searching cross catalogs is unfortunately not possible
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist, Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby hzenteno » Sat May 09, 2015 11:07 pm

Many thanks. About 1- The thing is that after convert the grayscale images to RGB still they show the crossed pencil icon. Any idea? I check make all permissions editable or something like this in Preferences but appears that don't have relation with that.
hzenteno

Postby hzenteno » Sun May 10, 2015 1:31 am

I checked just now and yes, I converted the grayscale image to RGB but still is impossible to edit. :( Help please
hzenteno

Re: crossed pencil and search between several catalogs quest

Postby hzenteno » Tue May 09, 2017 3:30 pm

After years and thanks to a cold that let me stay at home some days I found the solution. For one reason C1 don't recognise the converted grayscale images to RGB thru Photoshop. I find a way that would be nice to be improve by developers. You could share this solution to others that have my same problem. As I said for one reason C1 don't recognise the change of grayscale to RGB. So I tried a way to convert the profiles inside C1. The way I found was right click in the thumbnail and choose Edit with and put in the next dialog the profile I use, Adobe 1998, jpeg and Photoshop. Then the image open in photoshop and create a copy inside the same folder and catalog. I close the image in photoshop and now I can edit the copy created inside the catalog. If I use Open with and do the same don't work, only with Edit with. Would be nice the possibility to save my preferences of edit with to make a shortcut and save time creating this duplicates. Many thanks, hope my contribution help others with the same problem. I will try to share my experience as I searched in the web that there are others with the same problem. Thank and all the best. Hernan
hzenteno

Return to Capture One 8.x Software