Keystone Not Working

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Re: Keystone Not Working

Postby SFA » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:46 pm

If looking for an immediate solution that is something like the Loupe tool proposed this might be worth a try.

Run the viewer at 100% (or more if required)

Open a Navigator tool floating at a convenient point on screen.

Use the Navigator window to position the current view of the main viewer to include the Keystone adjustment point requiring positioning. Click the point to activate it.

Now position the centre of the adjustment point by dragging or use the up/down/left/right arrow keys, any Keyboard Shortcut keys you may have defined or the slider or value fields of the Keystone tool.

That should allow good precision as and when required.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby thomaskyhn » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:03 pm

SFA wrote:If looking for an immediate solution that is something like the Loupe tool proposed this might be worth a try.

Run the viewer at 100% (or more if required)

Open a Navigator tool floating at a convenient point on screen.

Use the Navigator window to position the current view of the main viewer to include the Keystone adjustment point requiring positioning. Click the point to activate it.

Now position the centre of the adjustment point by dragging or use the up/down/left/right arrow keys, any Keyboard Shortcut keys you may have defined or the slider or value fields of the Keystone tool.

That should allow good precision as and when required.

HTH.

Grant

You're right, the navigator tool is useful here.
thomaskyhn

Postby SFA » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:00 am

I should add that you may also be able to call up a navigator option with the Space bar.

On my Windows system the space bar attempts to offer a small navigator window but the cursor/selection square does not fall over the Nav window.

I think this may be due to a Windows update I did back in November/December. V12 stopped working as expected at the same time.

I had the same problem about a year ago and suspect that I cleared it by removing a specific Win 7 update but I can't recall which one.

So I think it should work for anyone else and if I get around to taking the time to check back I may be able to get it to work again here as well ... by removing the update once again.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby ClauS » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:59 am

SFA wrote:I should add that you may also be able to call up a navigator option with the Space bar.
Grant

Actually you're right and I use it in many occasions (and other times I use the space bar for a temporary hand tool to perform a fit to screen or 100% zoom with a double click on the image. This doesn't work when Keystone tool is active). Nonetheless I want to check keystone from a distant view too to be sure I've chosen the right area and a combination of keystone and loupe tool would be more convenient to me.
ClauS

Postby SFA » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:58 am

ClauS wrote:
SFA wrote:I should add that you may also be able to call up a navigator option with the Space bar.
Grant

Actually you're right and I use it in many occasions (and other times I use the space bar for a temporary hand tool to perform a fit to screen or 100% zoom with a double click on the image. This doesn't work when Keystone tool is active). Nonetheless I want to check keystone from a distant view too to be sure I've chosen the right area and a combination of keystone and loupe tool would be more convenient to me.

I think zooming using the shortcut keys is probably a better option when in an active tool like the Keystone tool. But that may be down to personal preference.

Spacebar is especially good when using the spot correction tool on a notebook with a trackpad.

Grant
SFA

Previous

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration