C1 20 and Loupedeck+

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

C1 20 and Loupedeck+

Postby jonhawkins » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:40 pm

I have not been able to get Loupedeck+ to work with C1 20 yet. Still working fine with C1 12. Anyone else had this problem or found a work around? Running on an iMac Pro under Catalina.

Jonathan
jonhawkins

Re: C1 20 and Loupedeck+

Postby NN635602278564567227UL » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:12 am

me too
NN635602278564567227UL

Postby Okular » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:19 pm

Yeah, that's unfortunately true for me too. Just a few sliders work if you enter their shortcuts directly on the keyboard but none of the knobs on the Loupedeck device seem to work.
Loupedeck has released a new version v3.02 of its software at the same time as Phase One published C1 v20. I'm not sure if that was the reaction with appropriate adjustments ... But if I look on the long list of posts in the MAC subforum I tend to claim C1 as the cause of the problem. As more as Windows is my main system and here the Loupedeck+ is working flawless.
Okular

Postby jonhawkins » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Quote from Loupedeck received 9 Dec. 2020:

"We will extend the beta support for Capture One 20 in our upcoming software release which will most likely be released sometime next week."

Hope the wait is not too long :)
jonhawkins

Postby Okular » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:14 pm

There's a new version 3.1 of the Loupedeck software for download since today and with that version the Loupedeck device works under MacOS. Though the in the release notes announced support for the new HDR tools Black and White doesn't work, neither on Windows nor Mac.
Okular

Postby Claude-1300 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:55 pm

Are you perhaps on an AZERTY keyboard ?

There are still plenty of AZERTY/QWERTY keyboards (like "undo" will "close the window" if you are on AZERTY).
And some things that I cannot understand:

Why was D2 assigned to Brightness in driver v3, but disappeared in 3.0.2 (and above).

LoupeDeck+ is a nice product, but they really need to improved their driver support.
At the very least fix the Keyboard layout conflicts - one nice guy at the support promised it "some moment before the end of the year", so no hop is yet lost (even if I would have loved to see it in the 3.1 release)

PS: on an MacPro 5.1 running Mojave 10.14.6
Claude-1300

Postby Okular » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:04 pm

No, my systems are German with a QWERTZ keyboard and all Loupedeck hotkeys for me also work on the normal keyboard. I don't think this is an issue with the keyboard layout, rather it is other applications on the computer that use the same keyboard shortcuts.
On my Windows PC this caused a conflict with the AMD Radeon software. Here the clarity control only went into the negative range. By coincidence I found the combination for positive clarity values ​​was used by a performance log in the Radeon software. After changing that to a new fantasy combination, the clarity control on the Loupedeck device worked immediately.

Claude-1300 wrote:Why was D2 assigned to Brightness in driver v3, but disappeared in 3.0.2 (and above).

I can't confirm that, on my Windows PC and as well the Mac D2 changes the brightness since v3.02, I did not use prior versions.

Well, Loupedeck clearly says that Capture One support is still beta. In my opinion this is less due to Loupedeck than up to Phase One. Seems they do not offer a reasonable API for their product and so far only gave Tangent direct access to the Capture One functions, while Loupedeck has to go the workaround via hotkeys. So this way restrictions are to be expected unfortunately.

I sent a request about to Phase One support a few days ago, the answer was sobering:
"All I can do is forward your comments on to our product management team. We cannot comment on future plans for the software.
It's also worth getting in touch with Loupedeck about this as it is a two way street when it comes to hardware integration."
But from a mail exchange with Loupedeck I know that they are exactly doing that and applying to Phase One for a better integration. Let each one draw his own conclusion by that.
Okular

Postby Claude-1300 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Strange enough that your D2 still changes brightness, while mine just beeps and does nothing :evil:

And assigning brightness to D1 doesn't work either..

I know for the integration - i suspect some bad will at one of the sides ... or perhaps just a question of money...
Claude-1300

Postby jonhawkins » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:09 pm

Okular wrote:There's a new version 3.1 of the Loupedeck software for download since today

Thanks for picking up on that. Still not perfect but getting there.
Jonathan
jonhawkins

Postby Claude-1300 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:44 am

For what it's worth (reg. Okular reply):

When I switch the main keyboard layout of my Mac to QWERTY - US International, then D2 works as Brightness as well...
Claude-1300

Postby Okular » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:26 pm

Claude-1300 wrote:When I switch the main keyboard layout of my Mac to QWERTY - US International, then D2 works as Brightness as well...
Hmm, strange ...

Btw I have to correct my earlier remark regarding the new controls Blacks & Whites: If you only install the current software version over the existing one the old Capture One profile is retained. Then you have to reset the application profile to default and the new controls work.
Okular

Postby Claude-1300 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Haha, funny !

That's exactly what the LoupeDeck support replied to me 15 minutes ago ! :-)
Claude-1300

Postby Claude-1300 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:21 pm

Okular wrote:
Claude-1300 wrote:When I switch the main keyboard layout of my Mac to QWERTY - US International, then D2 works as Brightness as well...
Hmm, strange ...

Btw I have to correct my earlier remark regarding the new controls Blacks & Whites: If you only install the current software version over the existing one the old Capture One profile is retained. Then you have to reset the application profile to default and the new controls work.

Actually, you are more lucky than me:

No change after a reset.
Black knob works, white not.

And still no brightness.

BUT (again):

If I change the Mac keyboard layout from AZERTY (Belgian) to QWERTY (US International), then it works...
Claude-1300

Postby Okular » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:27 pm

Claude-1300 wrote:No change after a reset.
Black knob works, white not.
What setting changes the Blacks knob? Before reset (means in v3.02) mine has changed the bottom line levels black (I hope translated correct).

Claude-1300 wrote:And still no brightness.

BUT (again):

If I change the Mac keyboard layout from AZERTY (Belgian) to QWERTY (US International), then it works...
If you look in C1 which hotkey is used for brightness, it says in my German installation: Ctrl + Shift + W (+5) or Alt + Shift + W (-5).
So it really could be due to the different layout where on the French keyboard the W is on a different key than on the German and US keyboard, where it is in the same place.
Look in C1 in the menu Edit / Edit keyboard combinations ("Loupedeck beta" should be set) under Other, there you find among others Brightness and try the combination set there directly on the normal keyboard on both language layouts (and btw which hotkey is set in your installation?)
Okular

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration