Style Packs

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Style Packs

Postby bennettandyp » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:57 pm

hello -
I bought a couple of the style packs being offered thru the Phase One site to compliment my own.
There are some particularly good ones out there; Bryan Minear knows how to make a great user style. As with anything, some of them I will never use.
the question: is there a way to simply eliminate the ones I don't like from the list of styles under User Styles?
I'm a PC user.
Thanks
Andrew
bennettandyp

Re: Style Packs

Postby ClauS » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:01 pm

You can go to

C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\CaptureOne\Styles50

and delete the unused styles in there or in their subfolders. You can move them to another folder of your disk to keep a copy (you never know). Eventually you can just create a folder inside that path to collect all the unused ones and let them appear in a separate collection.
ClauS

Re: Style Packs

Postby bennettandyp » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:34 am

ClauS wrote:You can go to

C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\CaptureOne\Styles50

and delete the unused styles in there or in their subfolders. You can move them to another folder of your disk to keep a copy (you never know). Eventually you can just create a folder inside that path to collect all the unused ones and let them appear in a separate collection.

THAT DID IT! Thank you ClauS. Very helpful. And you're right - I didn't delete them; I saved them in an "unused" subfolder. Some are just not my taste. Additionally, there are a bunch of them that are named "...XX" and then "...XX PLUS". the PLUS seems to indicate 2 stops up on exposure. My style doesn't lend itself to that; but I get your point.
bennettandyp

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration