What's new in CO Pro 20.

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Re: What's new in CO Pro 20.

Postby SFA » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:53 pm

If comparing prices in different currencies and different tax regimes I don't think you can entirely ignore the effects that exchange rates might have on the numbers.

If you pitch all prices at one currency and let the other float then you can make comparisons for discount deals (and make allowances for 'generosity' in certain offer combinations that may not have been intended at the time!)

But if marketing policy requires that for each country (or currency if working in Euros) there has to be a price fixed and left at that value so long as there are no extreme changes in relationship to the currency in which you run your business (and taking into account potential banking costs) then in some way you have to make an allowance for the exchange.

And of course one is also covering the costs of local language support and some other overheads, like free technical support in the prices - but that is an entirely different consideration.
SFA

Postby ClauS » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:12 am

mli20 wrote:To get to version 20...

- A version 11 user (Bstrom650) pays $79

- A version 12 user (Ian3) pays £89,25 ex. VAT (that's £107.10, VAT inclusive)

Seems the version 12 user is paying more than the version 11 user to upgrade.

My math must be wrong...

Upgrade from 11 is 159€ for me, 127€ with 20% discount for pre-order, vat included.
Maybe Bstrom650 took advantage of a special offer?

In the past I've seen many. That's why I paid my first license for CO5 (not Pro) with 50% discount having Expression Media 2 for free. I upgraded to 6 (Pro) again with a 50% discount. Another 50% to upgrade to 7 and I had 8 for free. And I upgraded Expression Media to Media Pro too at a ridiculous price. Less than 70€ for both CO and MP. That was when Capture one was still affordable.
ClauS

Postby errebe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:21 pm

Just upgraded, and terribly disappointed. Where did it go the 'view selected colors' in the 'color editor' tool...?
At a first glance, colors look terribly saturated.
And still waiting for the Leica Summilux 28/1.7 (Leica Q2 fixed lens) profile.
Disappointing...!!!
errebe

Postby Keith Reeder » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:37 pm

errebe wrote:Just upgraded, and terribly disappointed. Where did it go the 'view selected colors' in the 'color editor' tool...?
Disappointing...!!!

Didn't you test before buying?
Keith Reeder

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:15 pm

errebe wrote:At a first glance, colors look terribly saturated.
(Leica Q2 fixed lens).

This is a known issue. Please follow the instructions in this support document:
https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004027358-Why-are-the-colors-are-oversaturated-in-the-files-from-Leica-Q2-in-Capture-One-20-
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby SFA » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:24 pm

errebe wrote:Just upgraded, and terribly disappointed. Where did it go the 'view selected colors' in the 'color editor' tool...?

In addition to Paul's answer it is worth noting that one can create a keyboard shortcut and if you use the feature a lot that may be much the best approach to turning the selected colours on and off whatever you might be doing in the edit process.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby errebe » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:52 pm

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:
errebe wrote:At a first glance, colors look terribly saturated.
(Leica Q2 fixed lens).

This is a known issue. Please follow the instructions in this support document:
https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004027358-Why-are-the-colors-are-oversaturated-in-the-files-from-Leica-Q2-in-Capture-One-20-

Thanks. Was a known issue before launching...???? The suggested solution does not work well and it's a very poor alternative, considering the supposed outstanding quality of this software.

When will be fixed...?

Thanks again.
Last edited by errebe on Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
errebe

Postby errebe » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:53 pm

Keith Reeder wrote:
Disappointing...!!!

Didn't you test before buying?

Before 'buying'...???
errebe

Postby Ian3 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:58 pm

Disappointing...!!!

View selected colour is still there. Click the ... next to the colour patches in the basic tab of the colour editor to get further controls, including that.

Ian
Ian3

Postby errebe » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:51 pm

Ian3 wrote:
Disappointing...!!!

View selected colour is still there. Click the ... next to the colour patches in the basic tab of the colour editor to get further controls, including that.

Ian

Thanks, but it is not in the basic editor as it was before, it is impossible to change one colors while just that particular color is selected. I don't see any reason why they changed this utility. Should be restored asap.
errebe

Postby Ian3 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:37 am

errebe wrote:
Ian3 wrote:
Disappointing...!!!

Ian

Thanks, but it is not in the basic editor as it was before, it is impossible to change one colors while just that particular color is selected. I don't see any reason why they changed this utility. Should be restored asap.

I don't understand your latest comment. If i click a colour patch in the new basic colour editor, then ensure that View Selected Colour Range is checked, I can drag the edges of the colour wedge and see the selected colour range change as I do so. There is no particular need to move the sliders and see the View Selected Colour Range option at the same time. You use View Selected Colour Range to target your adjustment on the colour range you want, then you use the sliders to adjust that colour to your liking. If you want even more control of the colours, the Advanced tab of the tool is good.

(One of the reasons for the change, apparently, was to stop the Basic version of the tool taking up so much screen space.)

Also have you tried the new colour picker and direct colour editing in the new version of the basic tool?

Ian
Ian3

Previous

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration