CapturOne Pro & High ISO NR on the camera

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

CapturOne Pro & High ISO NR on the camera

Postby NNN637020842542112882 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:43 pm

Hello everyone,,
I have a question.
Camera Nikon D810 (in theory should be relevant to any modern Nikon pro cameras).
Noise reduction, when shooting on ISO over ISO 1,600
NEF

On camera, we have option for High ISO NR - off/low/normal/high
In Nikon's Capture NX-D you, if the NEF was done the NR other than OFF, you can manually the settings.
In case of in-camera JPEG noise reduction is permanent.
As I know, NR is working on ISO from 1600 and above. And NR is the set of instruction to RAW post=process SW how to deal with the noise...

How in-camera setting of the NR affecting the Capture One pro? Or C! could not see it and just ignore, so the NR value does not affect it at all?

Any comments?
NNN637020842542112882

Re: CapturOne Pro & High ISO NR on the camera

Postby IanL » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:37 pm

NNN637020842542112882 wrote:Hello everyone,,
How in-camera setting of the NR affecting the Capture One pro? Or C! could not see it and just ignore, so the NR value does not affect it at all?

I don't think those settings are recognized by C1, same as most camera proprietary settings. Someone will correct me if I am wrong :)

C1 has pretty reasonable noise reduction tools thought. I did a quick search and found a few good information articles and videos. Probably a good starting point is this:
https://blog.captureone.com/improved-hi ... one-pro-7/
IanL

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration