Feature Request! Export to Stacked PSD from multiple files

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Feature Request! Export to Stacked PSD from multiple files

Postby AaronLeePhoto » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:46 pm

Just a feature request to have an option to select say 3 images in Capture One and edit as a PSD but you can have it auto stack them as 3 working layers in Photoshop. I shoot a lot of product photography and have to Frankenstein a lot of layers and piece together and stitch things together in Photoshop. The only way I can do it now is individually open every file as a new PSD and then I have to copy or run an action to stack them. Be nice if you could grab 10 images and it opens as one PSD with 10 layers. Thank you for hearing me out. :D
AaronLeePhoto

Re: Feature Request! Export to Stacked PSD from multiple fil

Postby Ian3 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:04 am

The participants in this forum are just your fellow users. If you want to make a feature request to Phase One, the official way to do it is by way of a support case.

Ian
Ian3

Postby SFA » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:03 am

AaronLeePhoto wrote:Just a feature request to have an option to select say 3 images in Capture One and edit as a PSD but you can have it auto stack them as 3 working layers in Photoshop. I shoot a lot of product photography and have to Frankenstein a lot of layers and piece together and stitch things together in Photoshop. The only way I can do it now is individually open every file as a new PSD and then I have to copy or run an action to stack them. Be nice if you could grab 10 images and it opens as one PSD with 10 layers. Thank you for hearing me out. :D

Maybe you could persuade Adobe to write a plug-in?

As someone who does not use PS is it not possible to, say, put your initially processed images into a "developed" folder than us PS to grab all of the images you require and create a stacked PSD?

One way or another the entire process sounds like it would take a while to complete successfully and I'm not sure I understand how the provision of a stacked PSD would save a significant amount of time in that process. Does PS provide the alignment checking process for the layers within the PSD?

Grant
SFA

Postby Ian3 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:08 pm

SFA wrote:
AaronLeePhoto wrote:Just a feature request to have an option to select say 3 images in Capture One and edit as a PSD but you can have it auto stack them as 3 working layers in Photoshop. I shoot a lot of product photography and have to Frankenstein a lot of layers and piece together and stitch things together in Photoshop. The only way I can do it now is individually open every file as a new PSD and then I have to copy or run an action to stack them. Be nice if you could grab 10 images and it opens as one PSD with 10 layers. Thank you for hearing me out. :D

Maybe you could persuade Adobe to write a plug-in?

As someone who does not use PS is it not possible to, say, put your initially processed images into a "developed" folder than us PS to grab all of the images you require and create a stacked PSD?

One way or another the entire process sounds like it would take a while to complete successfully and I'm not sure I understand how the provision of a stacked PSD would save a significant amount of time in that process. Does PS provide the alignment checking process for the layers within the PSD?

Grant

As it happens, though I am not a PS user myself, I have just been watching a video about using PS, and it shows exactly that - importing two images from LR (two different exposures of the same subject) and showed how PS could align them. I'm yet to investigate whether Affinity can do it.

Ian

Ian
Ian3

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration