RAW adjustments to processed images

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

RAW adjustments to processed images

Postby NN635614642946676579UL » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi, in need of some help.

I am working with a photographer who also uses CaptureOne. The photographer applies adjustments to the RAW files with no color space/icc profile. Just whatever is default to the RAW file.

I prefer to retouch the original and not retouch on top of their adjustments. I exported the original as a TIF, retouched the image in Photoshop, then imported the retouched TIF back into CaptureOne, and copied the photographer's adjustments from the RAW capture to the retouched TIF. Well it ended up looking crazy. After some looking around I realized it doesn't apply properly because the retouched image has the AdobeRGB (1998) color space and the photographer didn't apply any icc profile when they made the adjustments to the RAW during the shoot.

This shoot is already done and I'm not sure how to fix this problem. Also hoping I might be missing something simple?
NN635614642946676579UL

Re: RAW adjustments to processed images

Postby SFA » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:22 pm

The edits applied to RAW files and TIFF files are unlikely to be compatible.

I don't think you can do what you want to do in the way you wish to do it.

It's unlikely to be simply some facet of the colour space since internally C1 does its own thing.

It's your call but I would suggest you talk to your client and discuss your concerns about "retouch on top of their adjustments".
SFA

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration