Capture One Folders

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Capture One Folders

Postby NN635086776130654335UL » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:29 pm

I have purchased a new computer and I have a complete backup (using Retrospect) of the old one. I had Capture One 12 installed on the old computer and had created a catalog to hold the photographs that I imported from Lightroom ( a dozen or so). I want to transfer the catalog to the new computer but I have no idea where to look in the backup of the old computer to find it. Can anyone help?
NN635086776130654335UL

Re: Capture One Folders

Postby OddS » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:40 am

NN635086776130654335UL wrote:...I want to transfer the catalog to the new computer but I have no idea where to look in the backup of the old computer to find it. Can anyone help?

If your old computer is intact and operational, you may perhaps copy the working catalog to the new computer rather than pull a copy from backup storage?

When you have installed the backup software on the new computer and established a working connection between the new computer and the backup storage, the backup software should provide the functionality you need to find the catalog in the backup storage and restore the catalog on the new computer. Search the net for retrospect restore or some such if you need to see examples.
--
Odd S.
OddS

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration