x-pro2 tethering C1-12 pro

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

x-pro2 tethering C1-12 pro

Postby LarsH » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:09 pm

Hi, someone here who knows to use tethering? I just saw a new Fuji camera remote Android. Works fine. But C1? Not with a cable, not without? Thx, lars
C1 pro 12.1.3, macbook pro, 10.13.6, Fujifilm X-Pro2 | LarsHennings.de
LarsH

Re: x-pro2 tethering C1-12 pro

Postby LarsH » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Oh! Seems to be true that the great Phase One is not able to make tethering with a good Fuji-X possible in C1-12.
LarsH

Postby SFA » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Lars, according to the C1 Release Notes the X-Pro 2 has had a tethering capability since Version 9 times but without Live View.

There are a couple of other notes associated with the entry but Tethering should be possible.

I'm not a Fuji user but I have noted that Fuji cameras seem to have more camera to computer connection options than most in order to define the sort of functionality the connection is to offer. Are you sure the settings on your camera are correct for tethering when you try to connect?

If so and you still have no luck I think you probably need to consider whether what you are experiencing is perhaps what Fuji wish that you can experience.
SFA

Postby LarsH » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:27 am

Hi SFA. That was the way to get an answer... Thx.

The problem was in C1-11. The C1 support said: a problem of Fuji (I understood, the camera version should be changed by Fuji).
Now after a long time and a new version to C1-12 I asked them again, the answer:

...derzeit gibt es seitens Capture One keine Veränderung und nach wie vor können Belichtungstechnische Parameter nicht vom Computer aus eingestellt werden.
Bitte überprüfen Sie Ihre Verbindungseinstellungen und Hardware um sicherzustellen das eine dauerhafte Konnektivität von Kamera zum Computer hergestellt ist. Eventuell tauschen Sie Ihr USB-Kabel aus um die Kamera dauerhaft auslösen zu können.

(No change by C1, the light settings cannot set on the computer.
check your connection at the camera and change the cable USB to move the shutter).

I used three cables and two USB connections fixed and auto. Last try: first after connect the camera the setting are seen and to change from the mac, the live view shows what the camera saws and the shutter makes the loud noise – but there was no pic (*.RAF on 2 cards should be there) on the camera. After that nothing works but I can see what the camera sees. May be it reads the settings on the camera but shows them gray, not active. The shutter does not work.

So, as you see my little english, I need an exact way how to do all settings, on the camera and in C1.

Reg. lars
LarsH

Postby SFA » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:47 am

LarsH wrote:Hi SFA. That was the way to get an answer... Thx.

The problem was in C1-11. The C1 support said: a problem of Fuji (I understood, the camera version should be changed by Fuji).
Now after a long time and a new version to C1-12 I asked them again, the answer:

...derzeit gibt es seitens Capture One keine Veränderung und nach wie vor können Belichtungstechnische Parameter nicht vom Computer aus eingestellt werden.
Bitte überprüfen Sie Ihre Verbindungseinstellungen und Hardware um sicherzustellen das eine dauerhafte Konnektivität von Kamera zum Computer hergestellt ist. Eventuell tauschen Sie Ihr USB-Kabel aus um die Kamera dauerhaft auslösen zu können.

(No change by C1, the light settings cannot set on the computer.
check your connection at the camera and change the cable USB to move the shutter).

I used three cables and two USB connections fixed and auto. Last try: first after connect the camera the setting are seen and to change from the mac, the live view shows what the camera saws and the shutter makes the loud noise – but there was no pic (*.RAF on 2 cards should be there) on the camera. After that nothing works but I can see what the camera sees. May be it reads the settings on the camera but shows them gray, not active. The shutter does not work.

So, as you see my little english, I need an exact way how to do all settings, on the camera and in C1.

Reg. lars

I think you will need someone with knowledge of the X-Pro 2 to help you.

Normally with full C1 tethering nothing is written to the internal cards because the intention is to take full control of the body and miss out the internal camera controls completely.

I have read that some Fuji cameras allow connection in a mode that allows complete (or almost complete ) camera control but still makes the internal cards available. In other wards connection to the computer does not automatically create a link between camera and computer that makes the camera a 'disk' resource and nothing else.

If the X-Pro2 has that mode and if it is set then in theory it sounds like what you wish to see may be possible - unlike for most cameras.

Since I have no way to check what happens I do not think I can help you any further in a practical way. However there may be others visiting the forum who will be able to confirm how things should work and what is possible.
SFA

Postby LarsH » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:40 pm

Thanks!
LarsH

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration