clone old layers

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

clone old layers

Postby LarsH » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:38 am

Hi, hard to tell it in English. There is a pic of a sculpture which has rounded forms and different light on the steel. Some logos from idiots are put on it.
I made 11 layers to work around the curves of the sculpture. But if I clone with one layer (say 11) it put the old origin surface on it (no layer and with logos) and not the surface of the layer before (say 10).
Is there a way I can´t see? Thx., lars

by the way: to include a pic here is there only the way to move it to the net?

LarsH

Re: clone old layers

Postby OddS » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:15 pm

LarsH wrote:...But if I clone with one layer (say 11) it put the old origin surface on it (no layer and with logos) and not the surface of the layer before (say 10).

I think you're right, the background layer is the pixel source for the clone tool, while the currently selected layer is the target.

LarsH wrote:by the way: to include a pic here is there only the way to move it to the net?

As far as I know, the forum does not allow images, only links to images stored elsewhere.
OddS

Re: clone old layers

Postby LarsH » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:49 am

Thanks, lars
LarsH

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration