How to Scale or can you?

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

How to Scale or can you?

Postby NNN636291699869759630 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:03 am

Guys I'm new and this is my first post!

So I've almost switched completely over from Lightroom and I'm thrilled. I have a Mac and Capture is incredible but there's one thing that I wish it had or perhaps I simply can't find. How do you scale an image with Capture the same way you can with Lightroom. In Lightroom "Scaling" is under the "Transformation" tab under the "Develop" module. Scaling allows you to pull the image in tighter without cropping the image. If I need to offer a more detailed explanation of what scaling is I will be glad to do so but hoping someone smarter than me has figured it out.

Thanks
NNN636291699869759630

Re: How to Scale or can you?

Postby SFA » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:32 am

Scaling, if I understand your need correctly, is a function of the Output Recipe in C1 Pro. It is perpetually available since C1 does not segregate RAW conversion ("Development" in some applications) from the rest of the editing process.

Scaling is normally something one would use for outputs (and export controls as well) but using Recipe Proofing the recipe settings are also applied to the on screen viewing during editing.

Does this help?

Recipes are powerful and the subject is broad. If you wish for guidance on those I would suggest the on-line help and various C1 videos and webinars accessed through the Resource Hub as a starting point and backgrounder.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Re: How to Scale or can you?

Postby Dmihela » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:23 pm

Scaling in LR is cropping the image, check the pixels.
Good luck with it, I do like the transform features in LR.
Dmihela

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration