Tethering on Laptop, processing on workstation issue

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Tethering on Laptop, processing on workstation issue

Postby NNN636946007039690297 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi,

another tethering question. I'm tethering via Capture One into a session on a laptop. When i open this session on my workstation (sessions are parallel opened), the renaming of the captured files fails ("Failed renaming captured file")

Session is stored in a NAS, so that both systems have access to it.

Is there a way to get this working, except closing the session on the workstation?

Thanks again
Thomas
NNN636946007039690297

Re: Tethering on Laptop, processing on workstation issue

Postby SFA » Wed May 29, 2019 11:45 am

You certainly should log in to your Capture One Account and ask the question through the Support Case system to get an official response from the Capture One support team in this case.

I suspect you may be attempting to use C1 outside it's intended design criteria (and frankly I would doubt the benefit of using a NAS since my experience is that performance suffers

This is, primarily, a user to user forum and help offered is largely dependent on who is looking in to the forum on the day and whether they have any advice to offer.

The Capture One support team are the people to talk to if you seek an official answer.

It may be that there is a version of C1 that could facilitate what you are seeking to do but the standard application is not a multi-user application by design and I would very much doubt the integrity of the data based on the description of what you are attempting. Re-naming files is a little bit fundamental to everything that is going on in the application. Other attributes may not be so critical and it may be possible to get away with dual editing sessions if care is taken - but even then I would be cautious about doing it.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration