Arrow keys to browse Grid

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Arrow keys to browse Grid

Postby NNN636658844403564528 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi,

I set a few shortcuts to be able to go from single image view to grid view with one key.
The problem is that if I do so I am only able to navigate with the left and right arrows (which I set to previous / next image), but NOT with up and down arrows. To be able to browse up and down I have to click on an image in the grid view. Then I can navigate in all four directions again.

This might sound like a very specific and banal issue, but coming from LR I go crazy every time that I need to move my hand to the mouse just to be able to go through the photos properly.

Please HELP.
x
NNN636658844403564528

Re: Arrow keys to browse Grid

Postby cdc » Fri May 24, 2019 6:39 pm

Hold CMD/CTRL while using the arrows keys and you can cycle through the images at any time or in any direction, even when you are not clicked into the grid.
cdc

Re: Arrow keys to browse Grid

Postby martynhicks » Thu May 30, 2019 9:05 pm

I had the same issue, having to click on the image to activate left/right or alternatively hold CMD and the direct key. I just reassigned the keys in the keyboard shortcuts. I think this should also work for up and down.
martynhicks

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration