Custom ICC profiles in Capture One 12

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Custom ICC profiles in Capture One 12

Postby NN635325789286086050UL » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:49 pm

I have been trying to find information about how to create and use custom camera profiles in Capture One 12. I have located some videos and articles online but they don't answer my question which is:
I have created several profiles for my Fuji X-T3 and X-H1 using Lumariver and followed their instructions but I come up short. It appears from videos online that they load their ICC profile in the ICC Profile drop-down menu and then load the Auto curve in the Curve drop-down menu and the output changes depending on what ICC profile they load. In my case, if I do the same, nothing changes when I use the Auto curve. I have to use the Linear response curve to discern any difference in output. Is this the way the software is intended to behave or am I doing something wrong?
It's perplexing and annoying since I have been using X-Rite profiles together with Lightroom for many years and I was expecting the same simplicity when working in Capture One 12. My intention was to migrate from Lightroom to CO 12 but before this issue is solved, I won't be able to. Your assistance would be much appreciated.
NN635325789286086050UL

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration