Any help please? Thank you.

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Any help please? Thank you.

Postby NN636840838963201714UL » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:58 am

I am trying to set up my watermark within Capture One. I am using png file but regardless what I do I always get the logo with jagged edges. I have logo as "hand written signature". Tried different export sizes etc but cannot figure out why it is not nicely smooth as it is if I add the same watermark using Photoshop. Any help please? Thank you.
NN636840838963201714UL

Re: Any help please? Thank you.

Postby MarkPhotophart » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:42 am

If your hand written logo has "jaggies" it was probably created in a pixel editor type of software (like photoshop). For a smooth hand written look you'll need to create your logo in a vector graphics software program. Think Affinity Designer or Adobe Illustrator. Trying to fix the jaggies after the fact is an enormously tedious, frustrating job. Making a new logo from scratch in a vector editor is a lot easier. As an added benefit once it's done you can scale it up or down infinitely.
Regards
MarkPhotophart

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration