my best workflow with C1 Pro7

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

my best workflow with C1 Pro7

Postby CAPTURE NIKON D700 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:53 pm

i finde for me a new workflow wich let me use c1 DB like Aperture with others Plugins Programs :
1. create only one Catalog for all your photos in C1, and import your pictures always their.
2. keep the Pictures inside Catalog.
3. create a album Named " External Edit".
4. create a Folder Named " Out Put " on your drive.
5. chose the Pictures you want to rework in authors program.
6. Import them to Out Put folder, if RAW -- chose TIFF if JPAG -- chose JPAG , you can make for it recipes...
keep the Picture Name at same and add a index Sufix Number 01 to it .
7. open the pictures with your Program .. such like Pixelmator , Nik Collection, Perfekt One ..... and make your changes
8. save the pictures back in the same folder and name " dont change picture Name and format !
9. closed the Program.
10 open C1 and select import, don't import the picture to catalog ! just leave them in Out put folder.
use the album " External Edit" als collection folder.
11. know you will see your reworked pictures in album and in Catalog beside the original .
12. if you are not happy with your Rework or you want to make new changes , just go back to the " Out put " folder select the picture again and do your work
with the external Program after save it bak agin just re write it .
13. know you dont have to import it to C1 agin !
14. just select the Picture in C1 and go to Datei --- > Create preview file new . thats it !
your Picture ist just updated :D
CAPTURE NIKON D700

Re: my best workflow with C1 Pro7

Postby NNN635426557401964090 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:47 am

I am new to C1. Can someone from the company let us know what they think about this workflow for editing with an external editor? Thanks!
NNN635426557401964090

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration