Fujifilm GFX 50s Support

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Fujifilm GFX 50s Support

Postby NN116688UL1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Having been a C1 user for almost a decade now, who has recently went from Nikon to the GFX 50s, I can say, there has been much discussion among GFX 50s users, wishing and hoping that C1 will eventually support the GFX.
Certainley there are "hacks" in order to get around direct support, however they are just that, hacks. True C1 support will be greatly appreciated, and, I'm sure will sky rocket C1 sales, while really being an industry leader. I really don't see one P1 sales being generated for the mere lack of C1 support, only contempt with C1, IMHO. I recall the Microsoft Office refusing to allow Apple support, that has all changed, and, I'm sure, its only benefited MS. Curious what others think.
NN116688UL1

Re: Fujifilm GFX 50s Support

Postby NN635412303032341950UL » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:46 am

I doubt that Phase one wanna support other medium format cameras. I took POCP and they clearly said that Capture one wont gonna support other medium format cameras.
NN635412303032341950UL
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Fujifilm GFX 50s Support

Postby Tommy Weir » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:17 pm

As an X-T2 user who is looking at a GFX 50s I also wish they would look to implement. I cannot afford a Phase One camera (I wish...) but the Fuji looks like a good compromise. Stuck with a hack if so it seems.

I am sure others have outlined the whys and wherefores, I certainly didn't buy into C1 thinking that I would be excluding camera choices from my future, but at the moment you would have to wonder if there are professionals who are not buying into C1 because it's from a camera manufacturer who will seek to protect their main product, the cameras.
Tommy Weir

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration