Simultaneous adjustment of multiple pictures

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Simultaneous adjustment of multiple pictures

Postby Nicolas K » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:04 am

Hi,

Is there a way to simultaneously adjust a number of pictures using one adjustment by the same degree?

I know I can select a number of pictures and set the exposure to +0.5 by copying and pasting the adjustment.

The question is : if for example I have one picture already adjusted at +0.3 and the other one at +0.7, is there a way to add +0.2 exposure to both of them at the same time, resulting in +0.5 and +0.9 exposure?

Thank you!,

Nick
Nicolas K

Re: Simultaneous adjustment of multiple pictures

Postby cdc » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Yes you can by using keyboard shortcuts to make your adjustments.

Make sure to have 'Edit all selected variants" selected as well as 'Multiview' in viewer so you can see multiple selected images at once. Then select the images you would like to adjust and use keyboard shortcuts to make your adjustments. If you are changing exposure for example, each image will be adjusted by +/- .1 from where ever it is already set each time you press the keyboard short cut.

Open the Keyboard Shortcuts and look in the "other" tab to find existing exposure adjustments shortcuts or create new ones.
cdc

Postby SFA » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 am

Thank you cdc.

I didn't know that would work.

Just found a possible reason to learn all the short cut options and consider changing the definitions to suit some purposes.

(Although Maybe it would be easier to buy an edit desk solution like Tangent Wave? New toy excuse ....)

Grant
SFA

Postby cdc » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:22 am

My pleasure, Grant.

I didn't know this could be done until I saw the question and tried it :-)

In Lightroom similar adjustments can be made by using the quick develop tools in the library module, I did already know that which is what lead me to trying it in CO1.
cdc

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration