TIFF file management

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

TIFF file management

Postby Pareshk » Thu May 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi - sorry if this is a dumb question...I'm a beginner:

when I send a processed raw file out for finishing touches, the round trip is in TIFF format. Sometimes I want 2 or 3 dif versions & that's a lot of TIFF files to store after finally exporting to JPEG. I can delete them of course but then I'll only have the processed raw file & not the variations if I someday want to make changes. What do others do in this situation? Thanks.
Paresh
Sony Rx 100 camera
Pareshk

Re: TIFF file management

Postby HCS » Fri May 19, 2017 9:20 pm

Pareshk wrote:Hi - sorry if this is a dumb question...I'm a beginner:

when I send a processed raw file out for finishing touches, the round trip is in TIFF format. Sometimes I want 2 or 3 dif versions & that's a lot of TIFF files to store after finally exporting to JPEG. I can delete them of course but then I'll only have the processed raw file & not the variations if I someday want to make changes. What do others do in this situation? Thanks.

Depends what you mean with "finishing touches", but the latest version(s) of CO (> 8 ) can actually do quite a bit of retouching. Not to the level of a pixel editor like photoshop obviously, but therefor it depends.

Other than that, i keep the TIF's that are important to me as derivatives (e.g. for panos, hdr or focus stacking). O do catalog outside of CO, though.
HCS

Re: TIFF file management

Postby Pareshk » Sat May 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Thank you!
Paresh
Sony Rx 100 camera
Pareshk

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration