Lens Profile missing for 17-35mm Nikkor

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Lens Profile missing for 17-35mm Nikkor

Postby nebus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:47 am

Have searched here but couldn't find a similar - if I'm wrong please redirect me,

Am working in a colleagues studio and he has Capture One 7 (7.1.4 I believe) and can't find a lens profile for Nikon 17-35mm 2.8 zoom? Am working on some interior shots so really would need the profile.

Any hints as to why it's not shown up? (most other lenses are there, although 24 PC-E also not there)

I'm a regular PS and LR user. Have used C1 7 and 8 in other studios but not struck this before.

any help would be welcome :)
Last edited by nebus on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nebus

Re: Lens Profile missing for 17-35mm Nikkor

Postby Ulf » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi

This lens is supported in Capture One 8.3
Time to upgrade.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby nebus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:24 pm

Ulf wrote:Hi

Time to upgrade.

Release notes for v7.x list it as supported there >> (page 16 of 7.1.4 release notes).

It's not new lens by any means anyway. Seems odd it's not there. :?:
nebus

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:45 pm

nebus wrote:
Ulf wrote:Hi

Time to upgrade.

Release notes for v7.x list it as supported there >> (page 16 of 7.1.4 release notes).

It's not new lens by any means anyway. Seems odd it's not there. :?:

Apart from Ulf's wise advice ;-) you answered your own question already. The lens mentioned is supported from 7.1.4 onwards. Make sure you run at least that version, but you should run the latest 7.2.4 actually.

And of course, 8.3 is far better for a studio environment.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby nebus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:50 pm

as i mentioned in the OP - it IS running 7.1.4

so why isn't the lens profile showing up I'm still wondering ?

and Ulf's advice is a fairly blanket SR response (i know as I worked years ago as an ACSR with Avid - you need to upgrade does not apply in this case, and indeed the studio owner says he doesn't want to go to 8 as there are other applications requiring 10.8 OS ).
But the version in question being run has release notes that say the lens profile for the Nikon 17-35mm 2.8 AF-S IS supported yet doesn't show up (only the newer 16-35mm 4.0) . So no - I haven't answered my own question yet. It sounds like it's either an instal error or a feature which although listed doesn't actually work. It's a shame that lens profiles can't be added like with Lightroom.
nebus

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:16 pm

nebus wrote:as i mentioned in the OP - it IS running 7.1.4

You changed your post after mine. It stated "7.1.x I believe". Anyway, are interested in the problem or the solution?

My advice was and is to update to 7.2.4, make a new session or catalog, import the image again and see what happens. If you still have the issue, contact support.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby nebus » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:23 am

Ok - seems the release notes for the 7.1.4 are incorrect. Both new sessions and catalogs were made with no change (thanks for that advice). Will pass the info on and I'm sure he will get the update.

Shame no one here can actually confirm whether or not 7.2.4 has it though (as in 'Ive just loaded up this version and it shows up on mine'). And of course I'm interested in the answer - that's why I posted the question
TBH I wasn't sure which version he had but knew it was 7.1.something hence the x - upon further checking discovered it was 7.1.4 so I amended it to help you. Sorry if you felt offended.
nebus

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:38 am

Nebus,

We're fine, thank you. Version 7.2.4 has the lens listed. I hope you can update.
Best regards,
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 7.x Software