Capture One - Adobe Camera RAW & Bridge conversion

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Capture One - Adobe Camera RAW & Bridge conversion

Postby NNN635652524263047070 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:12 pm

A friend is using Capture One for his image processing. He's using a Canon 5D Mk3. I am retouching batches of images for him. I'm using Adobe Camera RAW and Bridge/Photoshop to pre-process them.

When he uploads the RAW files to Dropbox for me to download and I open them in Adobe Camera RAW for general pre-processing... all of the images are already cropped to an 8x10 ratio. All of the RAW files show for him in COne as the original, full frame.

I am telling him the RAW files are showing up at 8x10 when opened (already cropped) and not the full frame, out of the camera, 2x3. He's saying it must be something on my side with Adobe Camera RAW.

Is there a settings panel or export panel, anywhere in COne that I can ask him to check and see if it's on his end? I am not that familiar with COne but I do know Adobe Camera RAW and Adobe Bridge well enough that it isn't automatically cropping RAW files upon import.
Pulling out the remaining hair on my head!
NNN635652524263047070

Re: Capture One - Adobe Camera RAW & Bridge conversion

Postby SFA » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:52 pm

If you are working with the original full size Canon RAW CR2 files where does Capture One come into the workflow and why?
SFA

Re: Capture One - Adobe Camera RAW & Bridge conversion

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:16 pm

This is an easy one: Capture One does not, I mean never, write to the RAW file. The cropping can not come from Capture One.

Without an image file to download there is not much help we can give to you, I am afraid.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software